This is a Premium feature
To use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer ads, and support Mumsnet.Start using Mumsnet Premium
Guardian article on ivf cancelled due to Covid(6 Posts)
Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.
I think the same as @itwasalovelydreamwhi
Private clinics will be up and running soon after they will be allowed
It’s a business to them
But I think those having nhs ivf will be cancelled /postponed for a long time
All well and good for them to re-open but heart breaking to read that potential from people who are relying on the NHS funding. I'm in Scotland where there are three rounds and given the statistics I was really hoping that would help us
Praying that's not the outcome
I think NHS clinics won't be doing IVF for a long time - could be a year or they might use this to cut funding all together - especially those that were offering 3 free cycles. The virus is going to cost the NHS millions and there just won't be funding around for much else
Private clinics will be back as soon as social distancing is eased so I would imagine a month or so - they are businesses in their own right and dont use NHS staff.
All the fertile people won't be stopping trying to conceive at the moment so if we are paying for treatment ourselves I'm hopeful we can start again by June x
My clinic has redeployed all but two reception staff to other departments to cater for Covid-19 so I think it's largely because of that
I thought this article was good. Especially where they said that a similar prevention of pregnancy hasn’t been issued to those who don’t need ART.
It’s been nearly 2 weeks now since my IVF was cancelled and it still upsets me that the reason given was as some organisation in Europe decided For me that I am not allowed to try get pregnant. I would’ve been so much more at peace with the decision if it had been as the clinics or doctors were needed to fit Covid or to prevent the spread. Instead it’s as someone decided no you put this on hold now until we say so.
How are you all holding up? Looks like months or even a year before we will be able to go again. I have seen EC reports of a second surge potentially in Autumn.