Talk

Advanced search

ABC IVF, FET. Anyone else?

(7 Posts)
Dot457 Fri 27-Mar-20 14:19:07

Hey everyone, we have just finished our second round of IVF, we had egg collection a week ago today. On our first round which was funded by the NHS we only got 4 eggs and ended up with 1 by day 5 which was an abnormal embryo anyway. (This ended in very early Miscarriage so was lucky to get that far with an abnormal one)

This time we have gone private and ended up with 15 eggs (Mental compared to last time) 11 fertilised (Even more shocked) however only 2 actually made it to day 5! We have been advised to have a frozen embryo transfer due to my hormone levels and the current situation with COVID-19. Was I wrong to be upset that we only got 2 embryos to freeze? I said to my self that anything could happen and not to set any expectations but I think subconsciously I must have done, I cried as I felt grief in a weird way? I really hope thats not ridiculous! My partner was really good and supportive but assured me two is brill and we now have atleast two more chances to get pregnant, He's so right but couldn't help but feel like a let down! Was that normal even though we have two embryos now in the freezer? They were graded at 3BB so I hope thats good too?

Was anyone else advised during their cycle with ABC that they need to have a frozen transfer due to COVID-19? I'm so nervous about it all, it's probably the right thing as once this is all over with I dont need to be anxious about it while having the dreaded two week wait, I just wondered if basically two Embryos is normal from 15 eggs and has everyone else had to have a FET?

Thanks and hope you are all keeping well in this shit time! x

Dzundza Fri 27-Mar-20 14:23:39

I'm in a different country so different rules but my second round of ivf was 20+ follicles, 7 fertilised.... and ended up with 1 embryo. I felt devastated. This morning I had my positive pregnancy test. So don't give up hope! Every embryo is still a good chance.

Dot457 Fri 27-Mar-20 14:33:16

@Dzundza - wow thats brilliant odds, thank you for that positivety and congratulations to you! Amazing xx

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Fri 27-Mar-20 15:20:12

That's pretty standard to get 2 - most people think they are going to get a dozen blastocysts but the reality is not cycles get one to transfer and a spare

ABC are part Of Create and both websites have been really clear for the last 3 weeks that frozen transfers were likely and my Create clinic has provided regular updates with the same x

Dot457 Sun 29-Mar-20 12:55:57

@itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted - Thanks. I know, my point isn't that we're having a frozen transfer, I'm more than happy to do what is best for me. It was more of a wonder as I haven't discussed with anyone that is in the same boat and my main wonder was is two embryos normal after 15 eggs retrieved. It's my 2nd round but I only discovered this forum after my first round was over so it was a very confusing time for me.

I know they are part of the same clinic, my consultant wasn't sure still despite what their websites we're advising, and said she still might go ahead with fresh but based on my hormone levels she chose a FET.

twinkledag Sun 29-Mar-20 13:21:04

Hi dot

In my first two rounds of IVF I had loads of eggs collected (20+) and only 2 made it to day 5.

From my first FET I got my DC.

Good luck.

Dot457 Mon 30-Mar-20 13:43:21

@twinkledag - Thank you for that story, thats amazing! Thank you xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »