Talk

Advanced search

Cyclogest TTC

(4 Posts)
Nel88 Sun 15-Mar-20 08:10:32

Hi guys
IV just done my first cycle TTC with cyclogest pesseries to thicken my lining due to an extremely thin endometrium. Just wondered if any one has any positive stories or has concieved taking them for the same reason. I usually have really light periods, I'm talking 2-3 days of sporting and I am now having a major wobble because I expected my period to be heavier this month of they were working - thicker lining, heavier period??!! But this wasn't the case. If anything it has been lighter.

I'm know it's the first month trying these drugs but I am quickly losing hope. These are apparently the only treatment option I can be offered (and only 3-5 more cycles of it) before it's IVF and my husband and I have decided IVF won't be an option for us for many reasons. I feel like this is our last chance sad

Xx

GreyGoose1980 Sun 15-Mar-20 09:04:23

Hi OP
I am doing ivf but have not had success yet so can’t offer a success story. However I wanted to advise that there are also progesterone injections such as Lubion. There may be other initiatives a private clinic can offer you before ivf if you are sure ivf is not for you.

Nel88 Sun 15-Mar-20 09:47:26

Thank you so much for your reply! I am under a private clinic already but my consultant seemed to think this was my only option?? I was a little surprised at this. I am not due to go back until June for a scan to see if the pesseries are working and I plan to make it clear IVF won't be an option for us. Maybe he will magically then come up with something else to try I don't know 🤷🏻‍♀️

X

GreyGoose1980 Sun 15-Mar-20 18:26:39

Sorry OP - I assumed when you mentioned you would only be offered 3-5 more cycles of Cyclogest that this was on the NHS - didn’t realise a private clinic would limit the time you could trial this for. Hope you gain more advice / support when you next see them or if not seek a second opinion. flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »