This is a Premium feature
To use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer ads, and support Mumsnet.Start using Mumsnet Premium
FET timing after freeze all egg collection(3 Posts)
I had my 1st egg collection on the 22nd feb and it was a freeze all due to developing OHSS. I have 2 embryos on ice, so I am waiting to start my FET. I was under the impression that I'd be able to start straight away once my period came and went (something my consultant told me straight after my egg collection)
I had an appointment with a nurse yesterday, who said that I'd have to 'wait til my next cycle' and then start on CD1. I told her that I don't have cycles on my own (hence the IVF!) so she said I'd have to wait until CD (cycle day) 35 and then have Provera, wait for my bleed and then start on CD1 of a provera bleed.
I think this arbitrary waiting is ridiculous....why can't I start sooner? I don't have my own hormones/cycles, so why can't I start in the next week or so? As long as my lining is thin and my ovaries are 'quiet'??
Please can other people who have been through a similar scenario shed some light on what they went through?
I've got another appointment on sunday so will try and push for them to discuss this with the consultant to try and bring it forward. I'm sick of waiting....I know I need my body to be ready in order to give the embryo the best chance etc etc ... but I don't want to be waiting around for nothing!
TIA (thanks in advance) x
I have regular cycles and it was 6 weeks to the day between collection day and FET transfer day and that was considered really really quick but I don't down reg so body went back to normal straight away
Most of my friends who who don't ovulate normally/irregular cycles or did down reg protocols had to wait 8 weeks plus
I had egg collection and a transfer 5 days later. 5 1/2 days after the transfer my period arrived (low progesterone). My clinic advised waiting for three bleeds to give my body time to fully recover. That's what I was reluctantly booked in for but I contacted them recently and they have let me bring it forward by one month.