Talk

Advanced search

Chemical pregnancy

(4 Posts)
Piglet11 Thu 27-Feb-20 07:24:29

Hi everyone. Just wondered up to how long after a 5 day blastocyst transfer can a chemical pregnancy occur. I’m currently 16dp5dt and I’m having nightmares about it happening. Went for a pee in the middle of the night and had shooting pains down below after.

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Thu 27-Feb-20 07:28:56

A chemical pregnancy is usually where hcg levels don't go above 50 or so - over that then it becomes a miscarriage but if you're still getting strong positive tests then unless you are bleeding then it should be ok x

Dirtygirty35 Thu 27-Feb-20 09:06:19

Sorry, but the above post isnt entirely correct. (Sorry PP)

A chemical pregnancy is a pregnancy is a pregnancy loss which usually happens not long after the embryo implants, normally around 5 weeks.

That said, they are sometimes drawn out longer.
I had a chemical pregnancy in 2012 where i went for a scan at 6 weeks to find nothing on the scan. I had bloods and my HCG was 189.
They tend to diagnose it as a chemical pregnancy if its a confirmed pregnancy, yet lost before being visable on a scan.

Not sure having shooting pains down below would indicate anything worrying.

Piglet11 Thu 27-Feb-20 09:56:27

Thank you for responding. I am very sorry to hear you suffered a chemical pregnancy. I am now in massive panic mode as i at the tiniest tiniest bit of blood on the toilet roll after i put the pessary in this morning, nothing again since however but it has only been an hour.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »