Talk

Advanced search

Nervous about iui

(1 Post)
ooglyboogly1 Tue 25-Feb-20 14:28:22

So I'm in the secondary infertility camp. Been trying 15 months. Had all the tests. Nothing wrong just old (40) and prob a bit stressed though I have been attempting to combat this recently. My thyroid was a little low so I'm now on thyroxin. Levels still not optimal but in normal range.
Don't want to do ivf but am about to press the button on a 3 cycle of iui. I'm hesitant and nervous and I can't work out quite why.
1) it's a lot of money £3400. Less for 1 cycle £1300 but I think there is more chance of success with a number of cycles.
2) it's mechanical and a faff. I find it stressful going into a hospitalised environment
3) nervous about multiples and also just generally risk of things going wrong due to my age - though this is a factor if I got pregnant naturally.
I don't know what to do. I think I want to stop trying in a few months so this is a last chance attempt I suppose.
Has anyone else had iui? Or got pregnant at 40? I'm just scared of things going wrong I think and thinking perhaps it's just my body telling me it's too late and I shouldn't try messing around with anything else?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »