Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage - Blood loss?

(4 Posts)
beibikeiks Tue 25-Feb-20 12:19:40

Hi all 😊
Didn't really know where to ask this question, but this board is the one I relate to the most with all my infertility struggles.

I'm going through an early miscarriage of a pregnancy they couldn't locate but seems to be resolving it self (hcg getting lower).

I've been bleeding since Feb 9th but that was very light, sort of like spotting, until yesterday when it got super heavy (my hcg levels were at 16 yesterday so that makes sense)

*TMI ahead*
I feel so weak and dizzy and it's hard to keep up with all this bleeding. It goes everywhere when I go to the toilet and when I sit down I can hear it running out like a little stream and it's sooo red and bright.

I'm just wondering how heavy is "too heavy" and if this is normal? (I didn't bleed like this after my ectopic, but that was mostly internal bleeding and was taken care of by surgery)

LASandOtto Tue 25-Feb-20 14:58:24

Hey OP

I'm sorry for your loss. I've been there too.

I'd say if you're filling a pad every hour for more than two hours and you're also feeling weak and dizzy, this could be a sign of anaemia and too much blood loss. You might want to consider going to your EPU or A&E. It's probably not what you wish to hear but that's the advice I was given when I was in your situation.

The NHS advice often downplays miscarriage to a heavy period but I would say that it can often be quite different to that.

Hope you seek some help if you need it! Sending hugs!

beibikeiks Wed 26-Feb-20 10:37:58

Thank you for the reply 😊
Much appreciated!

I'm much better today. It got really bad yesterday and I felt like I was going to faint but the bleeding drastically came to a halt and almost stopped around 6pm. And now it's just a normal "medium flow" but more pain (which is manageable).

Just hoping this will be over with soon 😔

Pinkbunny2811 Sat 29-Feb-20 16:51:18

So sorry for your loss.

I second going to a&e if it doesn’t stop. At least get them to take an iron level and see where you’re at. Bleeding for nearly a month could mean you need a transfusion if it’s been too heavy.
Also, personally I’d take some iron supplements once a day, start building stores back up.

Good luck

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »