Talk

Advanced search

Micro TESE

(6 Posts)

My DH is having his micro TESE in two weeks and I'm way more anxious than I thought I'd be! I had pretty much accepted that biological children aren't for us, but now I'm grasping at this 50:50 shot of ivf even being possible and trying not to get too excited.

Any encouraging micro TESE stories out there? As far as we know all genetics and scans are normal so far..

(He has azoospermia)

NRW39 Fri 06-Mar-20 16:25:40

@mayihavesomecakeplease

I can see you didn't get any responses to this thread. It happens sometimes on here...

My partner has non- obstructive azoospermia, which basically means he has no sperm in his ejaculate.

He does however have sperm in his testicles, that was surgically removed using MicroTese.

5 ampules of sperm were successfully retrieved from my partner. We were all shocked and over the moon at this result.

It was day surgery. Recovery was about 2 weeks. And he was in pain some hours after the procedure.

We are self funded. It was v expensive.

We took Pregnacare him & her conception vitamins by Vitabiotics. I bought them and made him take them.

I force fed him Walnuts. Brocoli. Salad. I swapped his milk chocolate for dark chocolate and made sure he ate lots of fruit and veg. I do all the cooking, so he had no choice. I also asked him to not drink alcohol for 3 weeks. The consultant seemed to think the 'diet' made a difference to the amount of sperm...

We did get pregnancy , but I unfortunately miscarried in December- I was 9 weeks.

We've come too far to give up. I started meds for my 5th cycle this morning. It will be a frozen embyro transfer- i feel it's a miracle that we had one good enough to freeze from the previous cycle! So I'm holding onto that.

I hope this helps.

Keep the faith and good luck!x

Thanks for your response!

Just to update in case anyone else has this, we were very pleasantly surprised to find out the surgeon was able to do a PESA instead of micro tese! Turns out there must be some kind of blockage despite all scans and blood tests being normal.

Very excited and nervous to start the IVF/ICSI process.

NRW39 Wed 11-Mar-20 09:50:27

@mayihavesomecakeplease that's great! Best of luck for the next stage

jb85 Thu 16-Apr-20 21:22:13

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »