Talk

Advanced search

Positive following FET now red spotting

(11 Posts)
Ivfunicorn Mon 24-Feb-20 15:21:55

My OTD was today and have been positive for the last 48hours. Some very very mild cramps yesterday, thought (maybe naively) that my body was getting used to the embryo implanting. This afternoon have had red spotting though, with a few mild cramps. I had a chemical in December and I’m frightened this is happening again. Has anyone had red spotting/discharge and it’s turned out ok?

Betsyboo87 Mon 24-Feb-20 16:56:57

I had spotting everyday from 4.5 weeks to 8 weeks following a FET. It was mainly brown but it turned red on a few occasions and I was petrified. Does your clinic do hcg testing? That would probably be the most reassuring thing they can do right now as it’s too early for a scan. If not then it still might be worth giving them a call to see what they advise. Whatever you do keep taking your meds. That’s the first thing mine told me when I called. I’d been ready to give it up but I’m so glad I didn’t as I’m 22 weeks now and all is well.

Ivfunicorn Mon 24-Feb-20 17:25:22

Thanks for replying. I’ve been told to go in for bhcg in the morning. It is frightening isn’t it. It’s taken nearly 4 years to get to this point. Just when it feels in grasp, like it’s slipping away again.

Ceara Mon 24-Feb-20 17:37:20

After my FET I had spotting every day - some brown, some red - with a few bigger bleeds, from before 6 weeks until about week 10, and the spotting continued intermittently until about 20 weeks. Like the previous poster I was petrified, but in my case it turned out OK. Fingers and toes crossed for you. I hope the HCG results bring you optimistic news tomorrow.

Ivfunicorn Mon 24-Feb-20 17:58:34

Thank you. It is comforting to know it’s happened to others who gone onto progress.

Ivfunicorn Mon 24-Feb-20 17:59:22

*Who have gone onto.

Betsyboo87 Mon 24-Feb-20 18:43:16

That’s good that you have the test booked. Mine got the results to me within a few hours so hopefully yours is the same. I hope you can relax and get a good night sleep. Fingers crossed for you

Ivfunicorn Tue 25-Feb-20 13:35:22

The bhcg came back at 75. I know it’s the doubling that is important but I would have relaxed a bit more if it was a bit higher 😬

Ceara Tue 25-Feb-20 22:45:43

Fingers crossed for you. Are they doing another test for you in a day or two to check for doubling?

Ivfunicorn Wed 26-Feb-20 07:21:08

Yes they are 🤞🏻
Tense times. This was our last two of six embryos. We’ve had repeated implantation failure.

Betsyboo87 Wed 26-Feb-20 08:16:09

Yes it’s all about the doubling so fingers crossed you see a nice rise. Ivf is such a waiting game, it definitely tested my patience

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »