Talk

Advanced search

Proxeed or Impryl

(4 Posts)
MissHoney85 Thu 13-Feb-20 19:41:54

Just after people's experiences of these supplements for sperm. We recently had our first course of ICSI, 5 out of 8 eggs fertilised but only one made it to blast and was poor quality (3BC). For round 2 the nurse suggested Proxeed or Impryl (used to be Condensyl) for my OH. I've done some reading about it and they seem very different - Proxeed is all about the antioxidants, but Impryl is about limiting exposure to strong antioxidants. I'm leaning towards Impryl as it claims to help the DNA quality of sperm whereas Proxeed seems to be more about count / motility / morphology - which we could do with improving but seems less relevant with ICSI. But I'm a little nervous as I've been so drilled into thinking that it's all about the antioxidants, CoQ10 etc! Does anyone has any experiences with either they can share?

jcurve Fri 14-Feb-20 11:26:19

Our clinic recommended one sachet of Proxeed and one dose of Condensyl initially. Low morphology is one of our issues (female factor as well).

Now going into Round 2, they are only recommending Proxeed and I’ve also got my husband on Biocare ASC Plus as well.

duckling3 Fri 14-Feb-20 12:43:58

Hi,

My husband used proxeed for a few months before our first round ivf, and between June when he did the first sperm test and jan, his sperm count doubled, motility issues went from slow to normal and morphology improved a bit too.

He did also make lifestyle changes too so that might also have helped.

Never head of the other option so I can't really say which if any is better but we had a positive experience with proxeed.

MissHoney85 Fri 14-Feb-20 16:30:56

Thanks both! So much information out there. My feeling is that if you are doing ICSI then sperm count and motility etc doesn't matter so much as they can just choose the best ones. (Assuming you have more sperm pass the test than you have eggs.) I assume it's more what's inside that counts. I don't know if there's any scientific basis in that theory though!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »