How long to abstain for?

(5 Posts)
SirChompsAlot Sun 02-Feb-20 21:03:57

Should be two days ideally, definitely don’t do it any closer to EC or you will risk reducing the count even further.

Littlebb2020 Sun 02-Feb-20 18:19:09

Thankyou both for your replies @itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted I was thinking of telling oh to do it the day/night of trigger, think I will do that and @MissHoney85 yes I’ve read the same Thankyou for your reply! I know there’s more than enough but it’s my one nhs go so just want to do all we can X

OP’s posts: |
MissHoney85 Sun 02-Feb-20 17:06:44

I think I read somewhere that if you're having ICSI due to MFI issues then ejaculating as close to EC as possible is best - won't make much difference if they are choosing from 2m or 1m but they might be of better quality as less likely to be fragmented 🤷 not sure if that's true but kind of makes sense in my head!

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Sun 02-Feb-20 16:50:29

My clinic officially says no sex less than 2 days before but also no more than 4 days otherwise at risk of speed dna fragmentation - it's tricky as you can't go too long but at the same time it can't be too close - as if we don't have enough to stress about! 😬

Our general "rule" is usually the night of the trigger as that's 36 hours

Littlebb2020 Sun 02-Feb-20 14:47:44

Should be having egg collection this week maybe Wednesday Thursday or Friday.
How long should my oh abstain for?
He has had a release today lol, sorry don’t know how anyway else to word it. We are having icsi due to severe low count (2-3million)
So how long is best to get some good sperm? Dna wise

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in