Talk

Advanced search

Using a donor egg to conceive a sibling

(6 Posts)
twinkledag Fri 24-Jan-20 23:16:31

Would you do it?

twinkledag Fri 24-Jan-20 23:18:56

To add my first child is not from a donor.

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Sat 25-Jan-20 07:23:58

Sorry no I wouldn't. Someone once told me that as a woman as your are born with all the eggs you'll ever have then you start life inside your grandmother - that generational link has always resonated with me - if I'm being honest I wouldn't feel the same way about a donor baby that I would a biological baby especially if it was a girl.

eatanazurecrayon Sat 25-Jan-20 07:38:28

Yes. Our children will have no biological link at all to my partner or their family and the love that's pouring out of them for an unborn child is insane.

Lauren83 Sat 25-Jan-20 18:51:48

Yes, I know plenty that have completed their family using donor eggs, I have an own egg and donor egg baby both under 2 and it doesn't even occur to me ones not biologically mine beyond feeling very lucky and grateful for the donor, I was the other way in that my donor egg son came before my own egg son

Russkispy Sat 25-Jan-20 23:44:44

@twinkledag I remember you from other threads. And my answer is yes and that's exactly what I started last year. I have my "own" DD who was conceived with help of IUI using my husband's sperm. And last year I had 5 MCs alone using my own eggs and naturally. Then I started DE process and our lovely donor produced 15 eggs and we have 12 top grade 5 days blasts on ice. Planning a transfer next month.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »