Talk

Advanced search

Treatment with a BMI of 39

(5 Posts)
MariaNov2019 Sat 18-Jan-20 19:49:55

We've been struggling to conceive so have been to the Drs and had the initial round of tests and a referral to a fertility consultant at the hospital which is in early Feb. I'm a bit worried as my BMI is 39 so understand this would rule me out of having NHS funded help so will have to go private but would private clinics help?
It's difficult at the minute because right now we don't know where the issues lies or what treatment is recommended. Any help would be greatfully recieved, either way I will update after the appointment in case it helps others smile

scotscubagirl Sat 18-Jan-20 19:54:46

Hi. Unfortunately most private clinics will want a BMI of 35 or less. NHS is 30 and below.

I was in your place a couple of years ago. Hired a personal trainer and just as I managed to get me bmi down from 40 to 35, I fell pregnant naturally.

Private clinics will still see you but I don't think they will do any treatment. Xx

MariaNov2019 Sat 18-Jan-20 21:48:00

Thank you so much for your reply. You've definitely motivated me so tonight I have booked in with a personal trainer starting on Thursday.
I'm pleased everything worked out for you x

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 23-Jan-20 07:42:21

Check with clinic but as above most wont treat Privately if bmi is over 35

misspiggy19 Thu 23-Jan-20 07:44:12

*It's difficult at the minute because right now we don't know where the issues lies or what treatment is recommended.*

^Sureky you have been told to lose weight? Weight is a massive factor when conceiving.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »