Talk

Advanced search

Scan to see if I ovulated and period?

(2 Posts)
LunaNightSky Thu 16-Jan-20 20:25:12

Hello!

I'm trying to conceive, I have PCOS and likely endometriosis.

My consultant has given me clomid to take for six more months prior to a laparoscopy where he will perform ovarian drilling and a tubal flush.

I didn't take the first clomid tablets as my period was late and it would of meant starting the tablets on Boxing Day and we had to travel to see family. I was warned of side effects so thought it was the best thing to do.

The app I use states I should of ovulated 9th Jan. the secretary has booked a scan for 27th. As I was late last month it's shifted things..

My question is can ovulation be seen to have occurred if your on your period and by stomach ultrasound or does it have to be transvaginal?

I've rang the secretary and left messages to see if I should attend but she's never got back to me

Im wondering if I should cancel or keep this scan?

Thanks 😊

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Thu 16-Jan-20 21:07:40

I've had scans to track ovulation before - usually from cycle day 12 onwards - they should be able to see a dominant follicle and track its growth and then see that's its "gone" to indicate an egg has been released. But obviously there is no guarantee that there was an egg inside the follicle or of it was mature enough to be fertilised

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »