Talk

Advanced search

Clomid advice needed

(11 Posts)
Deelu Mon 13-Jan-20 10:38:03

Hi guys

I’m on my 2nd cycle of clomid and my 21 day bloods showed a gutting level of 5. I am now CD40 and bfn and no period. Last cycle I was exactly 28 days.

My consultant has told me to test today and if bfn to start taking the clomid again but to double my dose to 100. Everything I read says I should wait for period to start before restarting clomid and I just wondered if anyone could offer their experiences or views on this please?

Thanks so much

Sylva123 Tue 14-Jan-20 16:57:16

Hi Deelu, I've taken clomid but don't have any experience of this particular issue. If you ask over in the "Come On Clomid" there might be someone who can help. I'm sure there's also ladies on there who didn't get their period and hard to start it

Sylva123 Tue 14-Jan-20 16:58:56

Also I have low progesterone too. Upping the dose should hopefully make you ovulate, which will make the progesterone go up. If you're definitely ovulating and still have low progesterone you might want to ask about cyclogest. It helps raise the progesterone if it's still low after ovulating.
Have a search for the 'come on clomid' thread. Good luck x

everpessimistic Wed 15-Jan-20 12:02:04

Your consultant is trying a thing called the stepwise protocol which is when you take the next clomid without waiting for a period. It’s been shown in a few studies to be more successful as lining a thicker. Good luck

Deelu Wed 15-Jan-20 22:09:01

Thank you both so much for your replies. She has advised I retest on Monday so I would be CD47 and then if still bfn then I’ll start taking my new dose.

I’m so frustrated, 1st cycle the sonographer said all looked good and I had follicles but my progesterone was only 22 and they want it higher than 30. I got my period CD28. Now I’m sat here still waiting and had a level of 5. My consultant only offers an ultrasound at the beginning and I’m due to be reviewed in February but feel very deflated - totally different to my hopeful optimism 1st cycle!x

everpessimistic Thu 16-Jan-20 01:11:21

I had a progesterone of 17, told I didn’t ovulate. Got pregnant. Called up concerned that I was imminently going to miscarry and spoke to another consultant who said “well any rise in progesterone means you ovulated, 30 is an arbitrary figure some like to use” so I think you’ll ovulate again on the stepwise.

Deelu Thu 16-Jan-20 17:05:47

Thank you so much! This is really reassuring x

Kiza Sat 01-Feb-20 14:14:36

Hi ladies,
I was wondering for your Clomid prescription do they monitor you and if so what is the monitoring process?

Helena112 Sat 01-Feb-20 16:15:17

Hi, I was in a similar position only a few months ago in October - I'm now 18 weeks pregnant with TRIPlETS !! I was advised to start the next round 100mg without a period, well it clearly worked !!! Some would say too much so!! good luck xxxx

Kiza Sat 01-Feb-20 17:18:07

@Helena112 wow congratulations! Do you mind me asking you what monitoring they did whilst you were on Clomid? I currently ovulate so considering Clomid before IVF but no discussion around monitoring whilst on it...

Helena112 Sat 01-Feb-20 18:47:29

@Kiza the only monitoring was a blood test on day 21. No scans x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »