Talk

Advanced search

Anyone currently at ARGC

(12 Posts)
myttcjourney Fri 10-Jan-20 21:15:32

Hey

Just wondered if anyone is currently at ARGC. About to start cycling and would be nice to find some people at the same clinic ๐Ÿ˜€

Iwouldbecomplex Fri 10-Jan-20 23:37:33

Not currently but I will be doing my monitoring cycle in March so I hope some others join this thread so I can get some insider info!

Lots of luck to you

LASandOtto Sat 11-Jan-20 07:57:10

I'm there currently however for natural pregnancy monitoring. Was meant to start my first monitoring cycle this January, turns out I am pregnant for the third time after two previous MCs. Have been there every day or every second day and feeling very cared for. In fact, getting ready to go again now!

myttcjourney Sat 11-Jan-20 09:22:42

@LASandOtto congratulations what amazing news. We are due to start monitoring in a month but have a final go of clomid first

Hoping we can get pregnant naturally before

What is the natural monitoring like? Is it as intense as the ivf monitoring? Are they checking your progesterone etc? x

LASandOtto Sat 11-Jan-20 10:49:13

@myttcjourney yes!

I've been there weds, thurs, and today for blood tests. Checking hCG, progesterone, vitamins D and also opted to do the nk cells, in case my mc's have been down to that. They've put me on progesterone pessaries, blood thinner injections, baby aspirin and a thyroid tablet.

I'm feeling reassured to be closely monitored as my previous mc's went on for weeks. This time I hope we are lucky but at least we know what's going on too.

Hope your monitoring goes well, when do you start?

myttcjourney Sat 11-Jan-20 16:23:46

@LASandOtto oh that's lots of monitoring, I bet it's reassuring to have them check everything. Does it cost a lot to monitor there?

We aren't 100% sure, we have 1 more clomid month (meant to start next week) but we can't decide whether to do it or just do they monitoring!

myttcjourney Sat 11-Jan-20 16:24:24

@Iwouldbecomplex ahhh amazing. We haven't decided when we will start for definite so it could be around the same time x

LASandOtto Sat 11-Jan-20 16:30:55

@myttcjourney yes ๐Ÿ˜‘ but we had some money set aside for ivf or whatever we would need, so using that at the moment.

They're very nice there and for me it's been a big reassurance!

Maybe give the clomid one last go and then start the monitoring?

I was going to do the monitoring in December but between work and Christmas I then decided to have a chilled Christmas and enjoy myself, and start in January. And then luckily got my positive test result which of course I'm delighted about, but anxious after my MCs!

myttcjourney Sat 11-Jan-20 18:46:32

@LASandOtto yea I really liked them when we went for our consult

Yea I think that's what we'll do, but I hate clomid. I find the side effects awful. But I keep telling myself just one more month!!

What an amazing Christmas prezzie! I hope it all goes well for you, hope to get my BFP too soon xxx

LASandOtto Sat 11-Jan-20 21:14:40

Thank you @myttcjourney, very sweet of you and yes, I'm really hoping this one is our third time lucky ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿป

Keep me posted on how you get on?

Xx

Iwouldbecomplex Mon 13-Jan-20 11:49:39

@myttcjourney if you do end up monitoring in March let me know! It would be lovely to be able to speak to someone who is there at the same time. I live in Manchester so I will be travelling down for appointments and then once the treatment cycle started I will be staying in London for a while.

myttcjourney Mon 13-Jan-20 14:10:39

@LASandOtto I will do ๐Ÿ˜Š

@Iwouldbecomplex yes I will definitely let you know, we aren't 100% sure on timelines yet

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started ยป