Talk

Advanced search

Just about to start IVF journey

(7 Posts)
Cocohamnut28 Fri 10-Jan-20 10:50:45

I've been TTC for over 2 years now have been unsuccessful. My husband and i are currently just about to stsrt the UVF journey. I'm so nervous about the egg collection part of the process! Has anyone recently had eggs collected? If so do they put you to sleep? Do you feel anything? Feel physically sick thinking about it.

Thanks in advance xxblush

Dot457 Fri 10-Jan-20 12:21:33

Hi @Cocohamnut28 didn't want to read and run here!

I'm about to start my 2nd cycle, and I was like you, literally shat my pants haha! And I'm exactly the same with the 2nd cycle, still scared! We've gone with a different clinic this time, the first time they gave me like a sedation where I was a bit high and out of it, but I was uncomfortable and had a bit of pain so they gave me more of the "Good stuff" and I ended up being completely knocked out and woke up in the hospital bed about 30 mins after. You feel groggy for the rest of the day but it's totally worth it! And for me, the egg collection was the worst part of the whole process and it's not as bad as I thought. However, with my new clinic, I actually had a nurses appointment with them yesterday, and they said they'll put me to sleep completely for the procedure, I hate being put to sleep but at the same time I'm glad because I'm such a light weight I always end up sick with local anaesthetic and other pain relief meds, so it's better for me as I won't have a clue whats going on.

On my first round, there were lots of other ladies waiting to go down and some of them got given like a Blue tablet as they had horrendous anxiety about it, I didn't know it was a thing. So just be honest about the way you're feeling way before the procedure to plant the seed, and I'm sure they will make sure you're either put fully to sleep or given something extra to calm your nerves.

If you have any other questions just shout smile best of luck with it all xxxx

Cocohamnut28 Fri 10-Jan-20 12:48:45

@Dot457 thank you! I'm a bit not relaxed reading that. I think I'll just explain how nervous I am with that part. So following that, how was it when they put the eggs back inside?

Good luck with your 2nd cycle. Xxxx

Meganlouise1988 Fri 10-Jan-20 17:02:30

Hello

I had mine collected this morning! I was SO nervous, but it was honestly so much better than I anticipated. My clinic put me to sleep but I understand some others do sedation instead. I’m in a bit of pain now, kind of like period pain and is a bit sore to walk but it was honestly so much better than I expected. Good luck!! Xxx

shazzz1xx Fri 10-Jan-20 22:00:21

I’ve had 2 egg collections last year and they are a breeze... nothing to worry about you don’t feel a thing smile

Cocohamnut28 Fri 10-Jan-20 22:52:27

Thank you all for reassuring me, I've not even got my first appointment and I'm anticipating the worst. Good luck to us all. Xxx

LillyLeaf Fri 10-Jan-20 23:03:12

Egg collection is the easiest bit. I've done 2 and was sedated both times, I was completely asleep and didn't feel a thing. I had no pain after either. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »