Talk

Advanced search

Short protocol - timeline questions

(9 Posts)
Fredsgirl19 Thu 19-Dec-19 10:31:52

Hi ladies,
I am due to start sort protocol on my next cycle. I have confirmed ovulation (OPK) for today so i know my af will start on Friday the 3rd of Jan. Given that is the start of a weekend it looks like i wont actually be at the clinic for a scan / collect meds until the Monday which is CD4. Is it going to be ok to start stims on CD4? everywhere i have read says short protocol starts on CD2. I really really really don't want them to tell me i have to wait another cycle to start sad

Any advice would be most welcome!

Mseddy Thu 19-Dec-19 10:37:58

Ring your clinic and ask. We got our drugs 2 weeks in advance of my cycle starting so I didn't need clinic imput until a few days in. I just started taking the drugs on CD1

fool11 Thu 19-Dec-19 11:07:44

I did my on day3. You can have meds ordered and delivered in advance, usually it’s a next day delivery if you order before 2pm I think..might vary ..I had a scan on day 3 to check the lining and started on that day. My clinic also works weekends..maybe call them if you can have a scan on sat or Sunday? Good luck.

Bumbers Thu 19-Dec-19 11:15:56

I am also due to start first short protocol at very start of the year. My medication is cut to arrive today, but it is private so I dont know if that makes a difference.

Bumbers Thu 19-Dec-19 11:16:16

*due not cut!

Fredsgirl19 Thu 19-Dec-19 11:42:38

Thanks everyone - i called the clinic and they said it's fine. I should call on the Friday anyway and they will either get me in then or wait until Monday. They said CD4 will still be ok. PHEW!

Although having written this - i expect my usual like clockwork af will be late because its the one time I want it to show its face.

@bumbers - good luck to you! are you short protocol too? is this your first round?

jcurve Thu 19-Dec-19 12:37:13

I’m in exactly the same position. My cycle should start on NYE so I’m hoping to get a scan on the 2nd. I really want to start this cycle as I otherwise need to wait until late March due to travel sad

We are private as well & will get the medications next week. I’m still hoping that maybe I’ll get a natural conception this month, although unlikely given we’ve had nothing in 12+ months.

Bumbers Thu 19-Dec-19 12:54:38

@Fredsgirl Yep! Short protocol and my first attempt. However, we need genetic testing and so we will not have a fresh cycle. They wilm all have to be frozen and sent away for testing. If any are viable after that, then they will look at essentially a FET cycle.

shazzz1xx Thu 19-Dec-19 13:24:30

Mine was day 3 or day 4 as my period came friday teatime so had to wait until Monday afternoon.. and I was successful so it must be fine smile good luck

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »