Talk

Advanced search

What were you day 21 progesterone results?

(6 Posts)
Lilice Wed 18-Dec-19 15:34:22

Hi all
I had the day 21 tests done this month. Gp told me to go 7 days before AF so I went on day 20 as my cycle is 27 days. My luteal phase is only ten days so i was 3 dpo. I expected the result to be low. It was 48. I haven't had a follow up appointment with the gp yet. Im wondering what other people's results are. I was hoping the gp would prescribe me progesterone supplements to sort out my short luteal phase as I feel like that's my issue. I had tests done on day 3 and they came back normal. Any insights would be appreciated

hettysdrawers Wed 18-Dec-19 15:40:58

Just had mine back too. Apparently they're 69 which is abnormal but my GP reckons they're normal for me as I have a uterine abnormality- she said that I was ovulating fine. If 69 is high then maybe 48 is good? Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along soon.

bicyclesandbeyond Wed 18-Dec-19 19:41:14

Hey there,
Progesterone level >30 indicates that ovulation has occurred. There isn't really an upper limit that would trigger concern. I think prescribing progesterone to support the luteal phase would be beyond the GPs scope of practice, and would be the sort of thing to discuss with your Fertility Consultant. Hope that helps! x

Sshsecretenclosed Wed 18-Dec-19 20:03:18

I had 42 about 8 days before af and it was deemed 'normal' by gp

Lilice Thu 19-Dec-19 10:17:13

Thanks for the replies ladies. It's reassuring. I have my follow up appointment today so not too long to find out. @bicyclesandbeyond ah I see, that's good to know. I haven't been referred yet though.

kikisparks Thu 19-Dec-19 18:27:35

I had 34 was told it was fine.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »