Talk

Advanced search

FET advice

(7 Posts)
Ivfunicorn Fri 13-Dec-19 13:38:15

Hi,

I had a frozen transfer of a 5 day blastocyst on 6/12. I have primary unexplained infertility. We had a fresh cycle a year or so ago and got 6 day 5’s. While I know this is a great number we’ve already had three failed transfers. This is the fourth one and I had some light pink spotting yesterday afternoon and some weak cramps this morning - obviously I’m worried that this failed now. I’ve not tested yet.

I’m on steroids, heparin but no positive results from any screening done. It’s all empirical treatment. I’ve also had acupuncture with this frozen transfer. We’ve fine an ERA cycle that showed my endometrium is receptive and no issues with the lining, except a low uterine flora so I had a course or canesflor (essentially vaginal lactobacillus).

So I guess my question is, what did you do if you had repeated implantation failure?

CritterTamer Fri 13-Dec-19 19:49:54

Hi OP. Have you considered an endometrial scratch? I know this has fallen out of fashion a bit at the moment a they say there's not much evidence to support that it works, however I never managed so much as a chemical pregnancy either ttc naturally or through IVF, until I had the scratch done. Then I conceived twins! I am convinced that it made the difference for me.

Good luck for your OTD - hopefully you won't need any further treatment 🤞

Ivfunicorn Mon 16-Dec-19 14:55:58

Yes I’ve tried a scratch on my third and had the ERA biopsy before this one so should have acted like one.

Tested negative this morning at 10 days post transfer.

CritterTamer Mon 16-Dec-19 19:12:25

Sorry to hear that - when is your OTD?

Ivfunicorn Fri 20-Dec-19 22:11:17

So today was the actual OTD. Did a test last night and it was positive, first one I’ve ever had, but by 3.30 today I’m bleeding bright red blood and some small clots. Not even had 24 hours with it. I’m going for a beta hcg in the morning but I’m fairly sure this is over and In a fairly cruel way. Urgh.

CritterTamer Sat 21-Dec-19 06:57:08

I'm sorry to read this @ivfunicorn, that is so hard. Take care of yourself and see what your clinic has to say today xxxx

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 21-Dec-19 15:45:48

Sorry to hear this

Sadly sometimes ivf just doesn’t work

Took 5 attempts for ya to get our only ever bfp

Hoping the next time you will be lucky

Some may say do testing of the eggs but can be costly

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »