Talk

Advanced search

Anything else I can try/take for ttc??

(17 Posts)
shanine Wed 11-Dec-19 15:06:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

shazzz1xx Wed 11-Dec-19 19:30:04

Folic acid... boots own brand folic acid and vitamin D is what I used smile was told to buy this from my ivf doctor.. my baby is 19 weeks so who knows if this did the trick x

physicskate Wed 11-Dec-19 20:23:55

Have you read 'it starts with the egg'? Lots of ideas in there...

shanine Wed 11-Dec-19 20:37:30

BeaCat Thu 12-Dec-19 07:10:30

I also read It Starts with the Egg. Also I'd make sure your other half is taking supplements and eating healthy. Even though our issues are not male related, when we put effort into improving his health as well as mine we had a much better ivf round.

Amara123 Thu 12-Dec-19 07:21:01

My IVF Dr had us both on high dose vit d (25 micrograms) and me on folic acid 5mg and omega 3 every day.

shanine Thu 12-Dec-19 10:19:26

EL8888 Thu 12-Dec-19 16:22:54

Folic acid, vitamin d and ubiquinol (its assists the quality of your eggs but you need to take for about 3 months for it to kick in)

Amara123 Fri 13-Dec-19 12:07:08

The regular multivitamin generally only has 10 microgram of vit D. It should be the higher dose. I think most people would be better off on the single vitamins at the right dose than multivitamin

OhioOhioOhio Fri 13-Dec-19 12:10:00

Preseed

MarshmallowsOnToast Fri 13-Dec-19 12:31:13

Have a look into pineapple core for fertility. It contains an enzyme called bromelain.

It's the only thing I changed the month I fell pregnant. Plus it's easy & cheap!🍍🍍

MarshmallowsOnToast Fri 13-Dec-19 12:32:36

Also I'm really sorry to read about your losses xx

Snowflake9 Fri 13-Dec-19 12:56:43

So sorry to hear of your losses. Try the pineapple , you have to be really sure ok your DPO though. Good luck to you

Salvationiseasy Fri 13-Dec-19 13:08:07

I’m so sorry to read about your losses, op, I hope you get that baby. It’s difficult, i know this sounds strange but what worked for me was starting the paleo diet and cutting out sugar, the dip in sugar levels seemed to be enough for my body to conceive, I’ve got a 3 month old baby now when the doctor told me I might find it difficult due to pcos. I’m also a new Christian, and the bible promises that all children go to heaven, I do believe even unborn children go to heaven. I’m not sure of your views or beliefs, but this video helped me get through a tough time. It shows how you can be sure you’ll go to heaven when the time comes, and it’s nothing we can do ourselves, it’s not about going to church, not about being a good person, nobody’s perfect, you just have to ask. Acts 16:31 “...Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved...”, ahttps://youtu.be/BXMA4xOS5BY

Salvationiseasy Fri 13-Dec-19 13:09:42

Also grass fed organic butter and eggs hold a lot of vitamins needed, think you need a lot of healthy fats in your diet.

Wineislifex Fri 13-Dec-19 13:12:22

I was recommended vital dha and coQ10 and I fell after a couple months following 2 years TTC!

shanine Fri 13-Dec-19 14:14:45

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »