Talk

Advanced search

Any advice about when to do a FET?

(3 Posts)
EL8888 Tue 10-Dec-19 16:39:23

Tricky question l know but when should we do a FET? We did a cycle of IVF, the fresh transfer didn’t work we found out a few weeks ago and we have 3 blastocyst embryos in the freezer.

We have agreed to take the next months off to recover mentally and physically, plus there is Christmas and my birthday. Part of me wants to do it March time and just get the whole thing done and dusted. Then again l know the embryos aren’t going anywhere...,

Being brutally honest but lm sick of the constant disappointment, appointments, medication side effects (especially Clomid) etc. Plus we are unexplained and still have no idea of why we can’t conceive. I have no urge to do a new round of IVF and at this time my partner appears to feel the same

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Tue 10-Dec-19 16:46:04

I Wanted to get mine over with as soon as possible but then again I knew we would do more cycles if needs be and I didn't want to let my eggs get any older than they already are or widen the gap with DC1 further - I also knew that I didn't want kids over a certain age and so gave ourselves a specific time slot for all things IVF as we were sick of putting life on hold

Definitely don't transfer in November/December as getting negative definitely ruins Xmas (as I've just found out!)

Then there is planning whether you'd really want to have a baby who has a bday over Xmas week so maybe avoid March/April transfers too

EL8888 Tue 10-Dec-19 16:53:23

I’m turning 40 so l get how you feel about the age thing. But l have no urge to do IVF apart from the embryos in the freezer. I can’t see that changing, the whole trying to conceive thing has ran through 2018 and 2019. I need an end to it. Like l have said to my partner maybe we just need to accept the way things are and then be able to take things off hold -moving house, an exotic holiday etc

Yeah the pre-Christmas downer is all too familiar to me 😔

Sorry to hear that your transfer didn’t work out

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »