Page 2 | Come on Clomid. 2019 v5

(1000 Posts)
Beth804 Mon 09-Dec-19 10:22:19

@carleygh @CharlotteCx @Chichz @Sylva123

OP’s posts: |
Beth804 Mon 09-Dec-19 20:08:16

I'm getting so impatient to test already and I'm only 5dpo 😩 This week is going to drag!! My last pregnancy I got implantation bleeding at 7dpo, so hoping for that again!

OP’s posts: |
carleygh Mon 09-Dec-19 20:09:17

Amazing news for you @Chichz do you know when?

@CharlotteCx no they don't know why it didn't but did say usually if the first few haven't worked the chances decrease from there and it's more unlikely to work - not saying it can't but she used the work unlikely, so we could of been one of those 🤷🏽‍♀️
Hoping Letrezole gives us a chance she said not as many side effects with this one too... sore nipples could well be progesterone, I also know Clomid can mimick early pregnancy signs but let's go with the first idea 😂🤞🏽
I'm feeling ok now, I'm not keen on IVF so really hoping this works x

Chichz Mon 09-Dec-19 20:14:52

Thanks @CharlotteCx and @carleygh. We have an appointment beginning of Jan so will know more then! If you do end up needing IVF, you know where I am.smile I may be an expert by then! X

carleygh Mon 09-Dec-19 20:20:02

Thanks @Chichz that's so comforting 🤗 remind me what you've been on before? Early jan is just a few weeks that's exciting! X

CharlotteCx Mon 09-Dec-19 20:23:43

@carleygh did she really say that about it decreasing after a few rounds ☹️ that makes me feel abit sad as this is my 3rd round now. Although my friend fell on her 5th round and 2 lady's on here their 5th & 6th round!

I know what you mean about IVF, the thought of it is very daunting! I'm really hoping it works for you too. What's the difference between Clomid and lerozole do you know? X

I've never had sore nipples so early on In my cycle though. We'll see! X

CharlotteCx Mon 09-Dec-19 20:25:58

@Beth804 I'm feeling exactly the same - very impatient and I'm only 3DPO. Sat here constantly thinking, I wonder what's going on in there?

Advertisement

CharlotteCx Mon 09-Dec-19 20:33:34

@Chichz thank you, that's really kind of you x x

Chichz Mon 09-Dec-19 20:34:56

@carleygh I have been given Clomid for 4 rounds and am in the middle of the second one now. However, as I don't get any tests etc and I don't think OPKs work well for me, I'm just sorta letting it go on in the background! We have other issues besides PCOS which are more suited to IVF anyway. I don't think it needs to be scary. It just takes getting your head around! But hopefully Letrozole will work for you - I've heard good things about it. X

carleygh Mon 09-Dec-19 20:41:49

Yes but that doesn't go to say that applies to everyone, we're all so different and there are probably so many people that fall after the "odds".

They're both basically the same in the respect of they both help encourage ovulation just a different drug I guess?

@Chichz ohh have you heard good things? I've heard nothing 😂 oh so Clomid May work you never know. Are you nhs? Xx

CharlotteCx Mon 09-Dec-19 20:50:57

@carleygh that's true, it's just when someone says something you automatically think oh that's deffinatly me, don't you?

Ah okay! Iv heard that letrozole doesn't thin your lining like Clomid. Let's hope this is the magic pill for you

Chichz Mon 09-Dec-19 20:56:10

It may be making me ovulate yes - though not looking super likely - but I probs still wouldn't get pregnant. Ah well!

I sort of expected to be put on Letrozole first- it seems to have fewer side effects, like @CharlotteCx said. Might be really good for you!

And yes, we're NHS for two rounds, eeek. X

CharlotteCx Mon 09-Dec-19 21:02:22

@Chichz my old gynae the one I saw before my new one, wanted to put me straight forward to IVF! I think it's cos I told her my OH's sperm count was low - but then was told his sperm count was actually fine so then I got to see another gynae who put me on Clomid. Is it true your BMI has to be 30 and under and you can't smoke etc on NHS funding? My BMI is 31 so wouldn't have to lose that much weight. I've heard the NHS criteria is really strict! There's no way my OH would give up smoking 🙈 iv asked him to for years and he doesn't listen 🙄

carleygh Mon 09-Dec-19 21:04:03

I think that's why my last two periods have been hardly there she said maybe my lining was thinning. Suprised they put me on letrozole considering side effects can be thinning bones etc when my previous low oestrogen levels caused that BUT I wasn't going to object after all that 😂 I really hope it does @Chichz @CharlotteCx x

CharlotteCx Mon 09-Dec-19 21:07:17

Omg all these side effects from these drugs are scary 🙈

Chichz Mon 09-Dec-19 21:08:37

I think your BMI would be fine. If push came to shove you'd deffo be able to lose a couple of kilos to push you under the magic 30, I'm sure 😋 But smoking is a BIG no-no!! He needs to get his act together IMO. Same with my DH and diet, though he is starting to make some changes. Look at what we're all putting ourselves through! X

CharlotteCx Mon 09-Dec-19 21:21:48

@Chichz I know Iv wanted him to quit for years but he doesn't listen, though my friend n her OH had their ivf in cheshunt and they were both smokers and they still done theirs, and they were NHS funded. Where are you having yours?

carleygh Tue 10-Dec-19 07:33:02

Yes side effects are pretty crazy but I guess that's what happens with foreign chemicals 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️

Yes down here they are very strict and smoking is a big no no as if they're paying for all this treatment the way they look at at is the least you can do is adapt your lifestyle to make it healthy.

We qualify for it as active no smokers and BMI is right so that's lucky
I guess @CharlotteCx x

CharlotteCx Tue 10-Dec-19 07:37:56

@carleygh the pill injection is what put me in this position in the first place which is obviously a false hormone - my gynae said it's caused my ovaries to become lazy!

Yeah I completely get that, but he won't stop smoking I know he won't as I said Iv tried for years lol, we'll see what happens if it comes to that anyway - hopefully it won't!!!

Also hope it won't for u too. My nipples are still massively sore, I got up 3 times in the night to have a wee aswell. And still got a back ache on n off! Wtf is going on 😳

CharlotteCx Tue 10-Dec-19 07:47:07

Oh sorry you said foreign chemicals not hormones.. I'm just waffling on 🤣 @carleygh

dragonfly1978 Tue 10-Dec-19 07:56:45

CD16 is this my positive?????

I hope so because we dtd last night!!

CharlotteCx Tue 10-Dec-19 08:06:25

@dragonfly1978 yay looks very positive to me!

CharlotteCx Tue 10-Dec-19 08:07:04

@dragonfly1978 you'll probably ovulate tomorrow seeing as you got your peak today. How exciting!

dragonfly1978 Tue 10-Dec-19 08:07:56

@CharlotteCx do you think we should try and dtd again tonight??

How are you feeling??? Are you planning to test early? I think I will be terrible and will waste a lot of money on pregnancy tests by testing too early!

CharlotteCx Tue 10-Dec-19 08:12:13

@dragonfly1978 yes do try and dtd tonight! When I got my peak on Thursday I dtd for 3 days after. How exciting for you! Although if you can't manage to dtd don't stress to much because you did do it lastnight and sperm live 3-5 days and as @carleygh said yesterday her consultant said every other day during fertile window is more than enough!

I'm feeling ok, didn't sleep well last night, up 3 times in the night for a pee. Nipples are very sore still and on n off back ache, had sore nipples since 2DPO I'm now 4DPO. Really strange as not had the nipple soreness so early on in cycle! I bet your sooo relieved to see that positive OPK! Such a good feeling isn't it. X

CharlotteCx Tue 10-Dec-19 08:14:29

@dragonfly1978 sorry for all the tags I forget what you've asked ha, I probably will test on the day AF is due if she doesn't show up! Or maybe a day early. Not to sure yet, I get really bad anxiety when I know I am due to test as it frightens me seeing that awful BFN so really hoping this is my month - hoping it's all of our month!! 💫

This thread is not accepting new messages.