Talk

Advanced search

Egg Freezing using NHS IVF drugs following break-up

(2 Posts)
JennyPoy Sun 08-Dec-19 01:10:08

Hi,
My partner and I were undergoing IVF treatment on the NHS and had got as far as having the teach and the drugs delivered, just after which my partner decided he wanted to end the relationship.
A massive blow for me at almost 36 years old and I’m now thinking about fertility preserving and getting my eggs frozen.
Given the process is identical up to once they’ve done the egg retrieval I was wondering whether anyone has ‘transferred’ from IVF to egg freezing? The costs seem to be around £3k exc drugs, but as I have some in my fridge I’m hoping I can still use them... they have an April expiry.
I’m at St Mary’s in Manchester which have both NHS and private arms.
I daren’t call them yet as once I tell them it’s over it really will be it for my family hopes for the near future (worth noting infertility was unexplained), want to weigh up my options before making the call.
Thanks

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Sun 08-Dec-19 13:13:57

I'm sorry this has happened!
The drugs are the same as it's effectively the same treatment however I don't know if they would up your dose to produce the max amount of eggs as you need to bank higher number of eggs to freeze ready to fertilise one day as you lose more through the process?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »