Talk

Advanced search

Christmas Card

(12 Posts)
pinacollama Sat 07-Dec-19 12:28:39

I don’t think there’s any purpose to this thread apart from me needing to vent. Just received a Christmas card from a friend, signed from the bloody bump. We’ve had so many chats about how much I’m struggling emotionally at the moment, I’ve told her I’ve muted friends on FB and Instagram who are pregnant just to help (including her!). It seems really insensitive. Fine if she wants to write it to others, but I would have thought she’d think a bit more. Ahhhh. I wish I didn’t feel like this- I want to be able to be excited and happy for my friends.

Softscoop35 Sat 07-Dec-19 12:37:09

I feel you, id be feeling the same.

I have a work colleague who is 12 weeks (who is actually sitting next to me on break as i type). I had a chemical pregnancy 3 weeks ago so we would have been 5 weeks apart (ive known of her pregnancy since her BFP) and im finding it difficult. Especially as she has mornin sickness and has, on occasion, moaned about it. She knows fully about my situation but she isnt malicious, she just isnt thinking.

However, i remember how excited i was with my DS and its pretty important for me that she doesnt feel awkward and she can openingly be excited about her pregnancy so i am going to have to keep my feelings to myself, take each day as it comes and vent to OH is need be.

Its hard, but she wont be pregnant forever. X

Lalla525 Sat 07-Dec-19 13:09:36

Totally feel your pain. I've closed myself in a safe bubble since I discovered we have MFI and avoided to talk to one of my friend at work until it was her last day before maternity leave.

People tend sometimes to forget others' struggles and your friend probably did not think it through.

I guess - everytime something like this happens - we should allow ourselves the time to regroup and the kindness to be slightly less tough with ourselves. In one of those day - I think I would watch a movie, eat some chocolate, do some pc games and wait to go to bed to start a new day.

JacquesHammer Sat 07-Dec-19 13:10:31

Massively insensitive. I’m sorry she has let you down like that flowers

Youngatheart00 Sun 08-Dec-19 19:38:35

That made me hmm total eye roll and get angry all at once.

Outside of immediate (eg partner) why anyone needs to sign anything from “bump” is beyond me, but especially insensitive to send to you. I’d be distancing myself in your shoes.

juneybean Sun 08-Dec-19 19:41:31

So so so insensitive! There's just no need for it sad

PurpleDaisies Sun 08-Dec-19 21:11:08

I agree, she’s been really insensitive. I’d chuck it in the bin. It’s amazing how often this seems to happen. flowers

JandL2020 Sun 08-Dec-19 21:15:19

Similar thing happened to me. Got sent a “just fat” digital test pic as a joke from so called friend. Didn’t find it funny at all! X

FingersXssd83 Mon 09-Dec-19 07:36:59

Very insensitive but many people are self-focussed. Throw it in the bin and mute her on social media 💕

BeaCat Mon 09-Dec-19 07:42:41

I bet it's not just you who is thinking WTF?! Even before I was ttc I would have thought it was very strange if someone signed a card from "the bump"!

EL8888 Mon 09-Dec-19 12:10:51

Very insensitive. I would say one of the worst parts of infertility issues are other people’s stupid comments, questions and actions. Plus it’s very writing that in a card. Who does that?!

Chirpychirpy3 Mon 09-Dec-19 17:27:11

That’s so insensitive and weird! Throw it in the bin xxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »