Talk

Advanced search

Anybody else have a stupidly short cycle?

(4 Posts)
YoureAQuizardHarry Fri 06-Dec-19 00:19:40

I'm so sick of my body!!

My cycle is bang on 24 days. I've always thought I've ovulated early every single cycle and it turns out I do.

So 1-2 days after my period I ovulate. How the hell am I meant to get pregnant now my cycle is so short?!

The app is wrong in the sense that the ivf clinic has got my bloods done now and I definitely ovulate 1/2 days after my period ends :/

YoureAQuizardHarry Fri 06-Dec-19 00:24:32

Fuck forgot the photo

PickledChicory Fri 06-Dec-19 00:35:57

I have stupidly short cycles 21-23days tops before spotting and full flow by day 24-26. You have my sympathies.I have been very lucky and have got pregnant 3x. 1st pregnancy was just off mini pill and fell pg first month, ditto 3rd pg. I only found out I had short cycles when trying to get pg a second time (it took 2years). I started taking seven seas trying for a baby and I found it lengthened my cycles and after a few months on it I did get pg.
My feeling was that short cycles made it difficult to track ovulation and I think it caused issues with implantation.
Im sorry I dont know about IVF and short cycles so I hope someone can help with that. Best of luck I hope the clinic is able to help.

Matilda128 Fri 06-Dec-19 11:15:10

Yes, I also have a stupid short cycle. It also changes between 23 and 26 days. But in a way I think it is good that you ovulate quite early. I do so later on in my cycle which means that I have a luteal phase defect which makes implantation much harder. If you still have around 14 days then you should be fine in this aspect. Still very annoying though. I feel I'm always on my period.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »