Talk

Advanced search

High B12/Folate, low vitamin D

(6 Posts)
ec1993 Fri 22-Nov-19 17:20:26

Hello

I have recurrent miscarriages and my recent blood tests showed low vitamin D, high B12 & Folate.

Has anyone experienced similar?

Thank you

beibikeiks Sat 23-Nov-19 01:30:21

I haven't had recurrent miscarriages, but I'm struggling to conceive and I had extremely low vitamin D (doctor had never seen such low levels), my B12 was OK but the Folate was too low.

I switched from pills to sprays and liquid supplements and my next set of blood tests was much better.

GrumpyHoonMain Sat 23-Nov-19 01:56:36

I have always had minimal vitamin D - turned out I had a thyroid problem and before it became hypothyroid I would have been producing antibodies. Also did they check your homocystene levels alongside the B12/folate? If not get them to look - high levels could indicate a MTHR folic acid malabsorption mutation

ec1993 Sat 23-Nov-19 09:42:30

Thank you both, I will ask the doctor at my follow up appointment about your suggestions xx

beibikeiks Sun 24-Nov-19 02:01:08

@GrumpyHoonMain

That's interesting. I'm currently trying to figure out if I have some thyroid problems. I had high thyroid antibodies but my other levels (THS and T3&4) seemed fine.

I've recently moved between countries and the doctor I saw recently just told me to ignore the antibodies, which I did. But then I read an article about Hashimoto's the other day and watched some YouTube videos and I almost cried, because this was like reading about my life and all the health issues I've been having 😱 like all the pieces of the puzzle were finally fitting together.

But I'm worried he's just going to dismiss me again 😕

ec1993 Tue 17-Dec-19 12:50:07

Hi everyone

@GrumpyHoonMain I had an MTHFR test which came back abnormal but I'm waiting to here what the treatment is for it xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »