Talk

Advanced search

Same sex couple going through fertility treatment

(2 Posts)
MrsAndMrs Tue 19-Nov-19 14:14:21

Hi,

So me and my wife were married at the beginning of the year and we decided then that we would like to try for a baby. We were referred to our local fertility clinic and had a number of preliminary tests done.

We were booked in for a hycosy scan and unfortunately, they could only see dye from one tube so have booked us in for a laparoscopy. I have regular periods so this has kind of thrown me and on reading things online, it says that the best time for a hycosy is between days 8-18 of your cycle but I was day 21. Would that have made a difference to the results? Has anyone had a similar experience?

physicskate Tue 19-Nov-19 18:22:13

The reason they generally do it in the first half of the cycle is because it can cause ectopic pregnancy if a fertilised egg has not yet implanted and gets flushed (back) into the tubes. The cd does not effect the accuracy of the test.

Having the be blocked tube reduces the chance of pregnancy by about 30% each natural cycle. For example from 25% to 17.5%... etc.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »