Talk

Advanced search

Anyone found the FET meds difficult on your emotions?

(5 Posts)
Hisdarkmaterials7 Mon 18-Nov-19 15:31:18

Hi all, taking Estrogen in advance of an ERA and then added on progresterone. I’ve had a full on low level anxiety since starting the Estrogen. I can’t work out if I’ve just developed anxiety from the stress of infertility or if it’s the meds making me feel this way? Have any of you found them difficult to take? I’ve also found it really hard to concentrate at work and I feel really drained. Before starting them I don’t remember feeling like this!

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Mon 18-Nov-19 16:01:58

Yes me too prednisolone is making me eat and eat and eat, the ovitrelle shot today has made me light headed, progesterone is giving me cramps, and clexane is giving me nosebleeds - for some reasons My emotions are swinging between tearful anxious and horny! - so feeling pretty miserable over here too 😢

peachesforfree Mon 18-Nov-19 16:46:57

I've had the concentration and motivation issue BIG TIME, also feel v drained, like i'm only just managing to keep life on the road. Most of the day I just stare blankly at my computer screen :-/ I started a thread on it a few weeks ago and others confirmed they felt the same. In my case no anxiety I don't think, although a bit of insomnia. I think I'd welcome an anxious feeling of some sort as it would indicate I care about something a bit rather than this completely flat malaise!

I did get a bfp after second FET though and am currently 8 weeks (the meds must continue until 12 weeks sadly) so keep going a bit longer! X

Hisdarkmaterials7 Mon 18-Nov-19 17:13:58

Thanks both. Good to hear your views. I guess if anxiety isn’t common maybe it’s more general brought on by the next procedure rather than the meds! Which is crap as I was hoping it would go away when I stop taking them. Congratulations on your pregnancy😃 I’m just having a ERA biopsy so no embryo transfer but hoping to do one early next year.

Success1986 Mon 18-Nov-19 21:27:56

Oh yes they defo mess with your emotions, dont underestimate the fact you are pumping your body with some crazy stuff. Give yourself a break and allow yourself to go a lil crazy 😆. Ive had 3 fresh cycles and 1 frozen and i can promise there has been some crazy days lol

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »