Talk

Advanced search

Starting next round of ivf

(3 Posts)
LolaJade88 Thu 07-Nov-19 18:16:06

Hi all,
So I had a BFN after my first round of ivf with Isci in October. We had our review appointment this week and the doctor seems very confident that we still stand a good chance of success in the future. He also told us that we can start the next (self funded) round as soon as we want.
However, I’m on long protocol which means if we were to start ASAP the egg collection and transfer would land pretty much bang on Christmas. If my cycle stays regular, which it almost always is, the next date after that I could start treatment would be about the 21st dec. I’m not sure how I feel about this, I want to start again as soon as possible but I’m hesitant to start injections over Christmas. I can’t pinpoint why I feel like this though and the fact that I’m not jumping at the chance to start another round is making me feel super guilty. Has anyone started injections around Christmas? I just feel like it’s already quite an emotional time of year and the injections weren’t awful for me but definitely not great
Anyway just hoping for some perspective,
Thanks

ChatWithMe Sun 10-Nov-19 16:00:30

Hi LolaJade88 I think you should go with your gut feeling. At least if you start after the holidays the clinic will be open consistently and all the festivities will be behind you do you can focus fully on one thing, and feel like it's a new start for a new year. I had 3 failed embryos in a row this year but we plan to do 2 more cycles next year after finishing a 3 cycle IUI package. Successful in 2017 made me over confident it would work again but so far no luck now. Fingers crossed for both of us! :-)

sophieb13 Sun 10-Nov-19 16:06:31

Hey,

We had our first round of ivf with ICSI August 2018 that failed.

I could not face another round straight after despite being so desperate to have a child.

We had our second round recently and I am currently 5weeks + 2! I still can't quite believe it! I thought the 2ww was torture but waiting for the early scan is so nerve wracking!

Honestly, go with your gut. And the best of luck for your next round! Xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »