Talk

Advanced search

IVF - Ovitrelle for womb lining?

(5 Posts)
LittleBlackCats Wed 06-Nov-19 21:43:24

Hi all, first post. Wondering if anyone else has had same experience on a drug regime. I'm undergoing IVF, using donor eggs, since I went through early menopause a few years ago. I have had three attempts in the past year and a half, on one I became pregnant but had an early miscarriage. Am on my fourth attempt now, taking oestrogen pills and patches, with progesterone injections and pessaries to follow once my lining has built up to the required thickness.

This time, my doctor has suggested using Ovitrelle before the FET, he says to help with endometrial receptivity. As I understand it, Ovitrelle is usually used as a trigger medication for egg collection.

Has anyone else been recommended to use it to prime the lining of the womb for FET?

Thank you.

windy2909 Thu 07-Nov-19 01:54:26

Hi there, I was given it once as a trigger before egg collection and then a shot straight after a frozen embryo transfer. For the fet, my understanding was that it was a shot of pregnancy hormones to maximise success. Don’t know if this is any use to you!

windy2909 Thu 07-Nov-19 01:55:54

Ps I think my clinic do it as standard for fets. Certainly for natural fets, which was the case for me.

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Thu 07-Nov-19 07:55:30

I've taken it for FET more to allow a more accurate day for ovulation as you ovulate within 36 hours of the shot however I've also read that massive doses of hcg in the system prior to implantation can help body be more receptive

LittleBlackCats Sun 10-Nov-19 18:40:49

Hi both, thank you for the feedback, that's really helpful. Good to know others have experience/have heard of it being used in this way.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »