Talk

Advanced search

Question about Embryo transfer

(4 Posts)
Youngatheart00 Sun 03-Nov-19 10:13:18

How quickly after can I resume “normal activities”?? Mine is pencilled in for a certain day (now I know it could be earlier or worse still not at all). The day after that there is a concert I’ve got tickets for. We are seated, not standing, but I’m worried about going!! Will the embryo fall out?!! Should I just rest for a couple of days??!

Persipan Sun 03-Nov-19 10:40:23

Personally I always resumed 'normal activities' right away, with the exception of vigorous exercise. Go to the concert! Have fun! I promise it will not have any negative impact whatsoever on the outcome of your transfer.

The embryo cannot fall out, so please don't worry about that. Think of your uterus like a jam sandwich, and the embryo as a grain of sugar. If you were to put a grain of sugar into the middle of a jam sandwich, then it definitely would not fall out, no matter what you did with the sandwich at that point.

I'm not aware of any evidence supporting increased success rates by taking it easy/going on bed rest following transfer. I think there's some evidence that walking is a good thing to do. Basically, by that point, it's either going to implant or it isn't, and you may as well pass the time in whatever ways are most enjoyable and distracting for you. Good luck!

Youngatheart00 Sun 03-Nov-19 10:43:07

Thank you @Persipan, the jam sandwich analogy is very helpful!!

Pinkstars2501 Sun 03-Nov-19 11:32:49

We've just had our group info session with the ivf clinic and she said that aside from hard exercise like running or something, resume normality the next day. Just give yourself the actual day to rest and be kind to yourself.

It's hard to not imagine everything you do having an impact though isn't it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »