Talk

Advanced search

Donor egg?

(6 Posts)
Chasingrainbows80 Thu 31-Oct-19 12:25:44

Hey not sure if I’m on the right chat here but hoping someone would be kind enough to advise on donor egg & experiences?Have you tried / been successful or unsuccessful? Are you waiting for donor eggs? How have you been with it all?

Got hospital appt next week and start the nasal spray for down reg 🥺

Or if I’m on the wrong thread is there a link, obvs new to this and don’t have a clue lol

Thanks for reading & good luck with this challenging journey x

Eggcellent29 Thu 31-Oct-19 13:29:19

Hello!

I am currently 22 weeks pregnant with my miracle donor egg bubba! I am in my 20s and my donor is actually older than I am!

I could write you a massive post about everything we went through, but it might bore you silly!

What would you like to know? smile

Chasingrainbows80 Thu 31-Oct-19 14:04:29

Oh wow @Eggcellent29! Massive congratulations and thank you so much for your reply! 😊

Please! Bore me to death! 🤣 how old is your donor? Mine is 36 but recently had a wee boy & her tests were really good so fingers crossed! I want to know as much info as poss..how did you find it / cope with it all? How did you cope with down regulation / embryo transfer etc etc I’d rather read real life stories than listen to jargon the lovely docs & nurses tell me if you know what I mean! X

Eggcellent29 Thu 31-Oct-19 19:39:39

Thank you! smile

Haha! I will try not to be too boring!

My donor is 32. We weren’t too fussed about age etc, but it was important to me that she had donated before. I didn’t want her to have any regrets later on or not know what she was in for.

Tbh, I found it very hard to cope. I have an incredibly supportive family and husband who really helped me through it. I was calling my mum in the middle of the night in hysterics like I was a teenager again!

The meds were killer emotionally and had lots of physical side effects that I wasn’t prepared for. I had to learn to be selfish and say no to people a lot to protect what little energy I had left and lost lots of fair weather friends.

Embryo transfer was.....interesting to say the least! I have never had so many people look at my fanny in all my life 😂 Seriously, Leave all dignity at the door!!!

Our fresh transfer ended in a MMC at our first scan, which almost destroyed me. I made the mistake of having a natural miscarriage at home - it was easily the most terrifying experience of my life.

We went into our FET after a couple of months and I felt much more prepared - but emotionally it was tough to go through it all again knowing how badly it could end.

Have you had any experience with IVF before? We went straight to donor eggs so it was all very new for me, not sure if going through traditional IVF before would have made it ‘easier’ if you see what I mean?

Lauren83 Thu 31-Oct-19 20:43:35

I have a son from donor eggs who will be 2 in Jan, he was from my 5th IVF cycle (2 own eggs and 3 donor eggs) although I did have a cancelled cycle and a MMC before I got him. It honestly doesn't feel any different to having a bio baby as I have another son who is 4 months conceived not long after.

Chasingrainbows80 Sun 10-Nov-19 00:54:13

Hey sorry for the late reply but thanks for replying @Eggcellent29 and loving your story!
🤣🤣🤣 that got me howling! Had the same issue when I had my laparoscopy from my abnormal cells after smear test and believe half the regional trainee docs have seen my foof too! 🤣
Yeah the I’ve heard the meds can make you behave at your worst and I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s probably the most daunting and scariest thing to go through and same thing happened to me 2 yrs ago. Just awful and totally get how scared you must have been 2nd time round. Must have been really unnerving for you 😢 and I get about the friends thing, I’ve lost a couple of friends since they accidentally got pregnant and they’ve stopped contact. I’ve tried to reach out but I’m guessing they don’t know what to say anymore.
I was meant to have started my 1st round of IVF in Feb but got cancelled as my eggs are useless now. I started cetrotide injections, didn’t make enough follicles so had IUI, had 2 lines on a HPT 2 wks later then miscarried again. Anyway, went to my follow up appt and the Dr told me IVF wouldn’t be ideal so the next step is Donor Egg.
My sister opted to be my donor and after numerous counselling we were due to go ahead with the process. However last week her little boy got really sick and now my DP and I have decided to cancel the whole thing.
I have no idea what to do next and DP is totally against adoption so at a cross roads now and will phone the clinic to let them know our situation and see if there’s anything we can do.
Sorry it’s all doom and gloom. Just another setback in this fucking fertility shit!
I’m desperate to be a mum and with all my friends & family going on about xmas presents for their little ones / teens & their excitement for xmas I’m totally stuck now.
Another set back but we’ll see how it goes.
Thanks for reading x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »