Talk

Advanced search

Letrozole treatment with PCOS

(12 Posts)
Aeishaa Thu 31-Oct-19 09:34:50

Hello, i'm new to this..first thread ever smile i have just had my first cycle of letrozole and today had my progesterone blood levels done.
I have to wait and see what the result is tomorrow and then the clinic will let me know what to do next.
I was supposed to do a pregnancy test around 3 weeks from date ovulated approx 13th November. But yesterday i did a test and it was negative.
i did the test too early.. but it was the most horrible feeling ive ever felt.
i was diagnosed with PCOS from an early age and a prolactinoma tumor which can affect getting pregnant, also im quite overweight, having PCOS its so hard to lose weight. People just think oh shes fat she wants to be like that, but thats not the case.
All my life i just wanted to have my own little family because i thought i never really fitted in my own and now being married i dont feel like i fit in with my in laws family too.
im not sure if this makes any sense but to be honest im an emotional mess right now- ive booked in to see the clinic fertility counselor next week so will see how that goes.
I just wanted to see if there was any other women on the same treatment and what the outcome is/was.

Thanks smile

Goingbacktokansascity Thu 31-Oct-19 12:33:59

Hey! I got pregnant last year on letrozole to have my son so it can work don’t be disheartened. I had to have 5 months of it before I ovulated and then I got pregnant so if this month doesn’t work just keep going. I cut out sugar and carbohydrates too and got my weight down which I think made the biggest difference!

Now trying for number 2 with letrozole!

Aeishaa Thu 31-Oct-19 12:44:26

Hello thank you your message means alot to me smile
Did you have any side effects and did they do the follicle tracking scans?
Mine showed 2 follicles

Goingbacktokansascity Thu 31-Oct-19 12:50:42

Headaches, hot flushes, nausea!
I had a scan yesterday and saw a few follicles growing, on Saturday I’ll have another scan and know a bit more. All private because Wherebi live the NHS don’t scan

Aeishaa Thu 31-Oct-19 13:00:43

I had the same headaches hot flashes nausea, and on the day the clinic think i ovulated i had bad back pain and pain down below. 🤨 all normal clinic said... mine was through NHS but have to travel abput 15 miles from where i live to get there. I hope i dont need to go down the IVF path though..not looking forward to that..😖

beibikeiks Thu 31-Oct-19 22:28:29

@Aeishaa
I'm currently using Letrozole for PCOS 😊
I should be in my tww right now. I decided to not use any OPKs for this first cycle and just see what the bloodtest says. I'm having that done next week!

I'm not really sure if this is going to work since I only have one fallopian tube left and I'm not sure what state it is in and if I can ovulate from the left side, we'll see.

So I'm crossing my fingers for ovulation 🤞 (or a long awaited BFP) this cycle!

Aeishaa Fri 01-Nov-19 09:34:28

@beibikeiks hiya new to this what does tww and OPKs stand for ?
fingers crossed for your BFP
i have to call the clinic mid day today to find out result- kind of dreading it....
since i have started taking letrozole i feel so emotional sad

beibikeiks Fri 01-Nov-19 11:39:47

@Aeishaa
OPK= Ovulation Prediction Kit (ovulation strips)
And TWW is the two week wait between ovulation and period 😊

I hope you get some good results today!!

Aeishaa Fri 01-Nov-19 11:45:45

@beibikeiks i just had call from nurse she said bloods come back positive meaning im ovulating ok. So just need to do my test in approx a weeks time.. will keep u updated xx

beibikeiks Fri 01-Nov-19 11:57:11

@Aishaa
That's amazing!
Crossing fingers for a BFP this cycle for you 🤞

Just remember, that no matter the pregnancy results, the fact that you ovulated is great so you can go into next cycle with some ray of hope 😊

I've had my fair share og negatives in the past 4 years and I know how horrid they are. But this time there's some progress 😉

Goingbacktokansascity Fri 01-Nov-19 14:35:46

@Aeishaa good luck 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

Aeishaa Mon 04-Nov-19 16:03:03

Thank you xxx and just did test its negative..... feel disapointed but there is always next month.. i just think with PCOS it will be xtra difficult...just needed some advice really. Clinic have said me and DH should be having regular intercourse during month but every 2 days round ovulation. My DH does around ovulation but once that period is over he just slacks and bevomes lazy... i dont know why and i dont no what to do...
I dont want to tell clinic because what if they say we are not doing as we are told and that it wont work... im.not sure do u guys have any advice??

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »