Talk

Advanced search

2 week wait - how do people stay positive?

(5 Posts)
GreyGoose1980 Thu 24-Oct-19 11:08:08

Just that really - how do people stay positive despite BFNs? This is my fourth transfer (second fresh) and I’m finding it hard to believe it will ever happen. I’m worried this will negatively impact implantation. Best wishes to anyone else going through similar! 💐

gracepoolesrum Thu 24-Oct-19 11:39:34

I didn't- I saw it as something to endure, kept as busy as reasonably possible, and tried not to think about it. Don't feel obliged to stay positive - it's an absolutely shitty thing to go through and allowing yourself to recognise and feel that will have absolutely no impact on the outcome.

GreyGoose1980 Thu 24-Oct-19 12:04:08

Thanks @gracepoolesrum
Your reply has helped me put things into perspective. You are right about keeping busy. In an attempt to ‘relax ‘I took time off work this time but realise I’ve got too much time to dwell on it all.

gracepoolesrum Thu 24-Oct-19 23:10:34

@greygoose1980 I made the same mistake of taking the week off during my 1st cycle, time passed so slowly! Book in some treats for yourself, cinema, shopping etc would be my advice.

Fingers crossed for youflowers

GreyGoose1980 Fri 25-Oct-19 14:06:36

Thanks @gracepoolesrum 💐

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »