Talk

Advanced search

Recurrent miscarriage with IVF-any success stories? What did you do differently?

(4 Posts)
mouse1234567 Thu 17-Oct-19 09:20:24

Hi all,

I had my first IVF transfer in June which ended in a chemical pregnancy at 5w5d. I had my last transfer at the end of September and had a positive test last week and yesterday had a heavy red blood bleed. The miscarriage is not confirmed yet -I have to return in 9 days for another scan but I’m def expecting the worst after last time and the cramps and bleeding. I appreciate two miscarriages can’t necessarily be defined as repeated miscarriage and I know so many of you go through so many more -and im so sorry for that. My heart goes out to you. I can’t imagine if this were to keep happening how I would feel.

What I wanted to hear were any success stories after repeated miscarriage with IVF-did you finally go on to have your rainbow baby? Did you change anything in order to have it or did you just put it down to bad luck with chromosomes and just keep trying? Can’t seem to get past six weeks and finding it hard to be positive about the future right now.

VenusStarr Thu 17-Oct-19 11:39:47

I'm really sorry to hear of your loss @mouse1234567 ❤️

I haven't had ivf but am under a fertility consultant as we'd been ttc for over a year. I have since had 2 missed miscarriages and we'll be 2 years ttc next month and my consultant has referred me to the recurrent miscarriage clinic (appointment next week). Like you say I don't technically meet the criteria for recurrent but my consultant wants to find out a bit more about what's going on for us which I'm grateful for.

Can you ask for a referral? I'm also having a hysteroscopy in December so they can take a good look. I wonder if these options are open to you?

I'm sorry you're in that horrible limbo period. I'm definitely struggling more this second time round and struggling to feel hopeful. But having some investigations coming up is helping me focus.

Xx

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Thu 17-Oct-19 16:05:19

I've had 5 mc and in the end we have gone down the PGS route with our second IVF cycle - I found the NHS recurrent miscarriage clinic pretty useless to be honest and all our results came back normal as did additional tests done by my IVF clinic and being on progesterone/clexane/prednisolone during last mc

PGS on our 2 blasts on my 2nd cycle came back 1 with complex abnormalities and the other a mosaic (which will still transfer but knowing there is a higher risk of miscarriage) so we know that our problems are likely egg quality/genetic

I would try a round of PGS and see what you get back? If the result are bad then you know it's chromosomal and you may need to explore other options? X

Wesstywoo Thu 17-Oct-19 18:00:03

Hi @mouse1234567 after 2 CPs my clinic suggested the following tests - FBC and thrombophilia screen. TSH to be under 2.5 and injectable progesterone as well as pessaries during cycle. 75mg asprin in the event of BFP - no success to report yet as I'm yet to start the cycle.

Fingers firmly crossed for your next scan xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »