Talk

Advanced search

Bad Skin and Raging Hormones!

(3 Posts)
Dot457 Tue 15-Oct-19 13:37:25

Hello - I thought I'd post this in here because it all comes down to my hormones which mean I can't conceive naturally. If there is a better thread to post this in please let me know! I'm just wondering if people suffer with their skin? I am full of painful big spots and I have the worst oily skin! My skin is also so dry at the same time but can't moisturise due to the oil! I'm 26 years old, have PCOS, Endo, have 1 ovary, 1 tube and half a womb! I have higher Testosterone levels too, so I know this is the reason why my skin is so bad, I just want to know what people may have tried to help their skin become less oily and less spotty if thats even a thing? I feel like I have tried everything there is to buy, all the creams and tablets my GP can give, would it be better if I was referred to a dermatologist perhaps? I also get the worst anxiety, feel irritable and angry around once every few weeks. It's actually got worse since I had IVF back in March. I feel like I'm at a lose end and just don't know what to do with my self when I feel this way. My skin is bad 365 days a year so I think I've kind of accepted it now, my spouts of anger affect my work and personal life and I really need some guidance on how I can stop this from happening sad Thank you in advance!

Maggie272 Wed 16-Oct-19 20:23:16

Yoga makes everything better.... it's not going to help with everything but it is my saving grace. Lush products. And perhaps a good book about hormones and how they impact on things like skin and mood. In my experience, you are your best doctor xxx

Dot457 Wed 06-Nov-19 19:27:12

@maggie272 sorry I have only just seen this, thank you, I've never tried yoga, seriously thinking about giving it a go! And I agree, it's great getting into a good book. Thank you xxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »