Talk

Advanced search

Unsure of next steps

(2 Posts)
LollipopLolly Thu 10-Oct-19 01:34:30

Hello,

A while ago, when with an ex, I paid privately for some fertility tests to be done. Alot has changed relationship wise since then and i'm thinking about a family of my own again.

The results from the tests were said the ovaries were small and showed a reduced follicular activity in both of them. The antral follicle count was 5 and the AMH was 8.1. I'm 32.

Without going back to the gp, in my head i'm wondering what my options are. I don't want to go down the route of IVF, so I guess i'm wondering if I should give up before even starting. I'm sure you'll understand my protective wall is currently very much up in regards to all of it. Not only do I not want to break my heart (very much in my head have told myself, I won't get to be mummy) but I also don't want to hurt my other half.

Thank you

FingersXssd83 Fri 11-Oct-19 20:49:16

Just noticed your post and didn't want you left hanging. Have you been trying naturally? You're still young and providing you have no other issues I'd say you have a great shot at getting pregnant. I know ladies with much lower results and have got pregnant although it's taken them a little longer to get there. Good luck! x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »