Talk

Advanced search

My IVF protocol.....I’m confused!

(4 Posts)
Youngatheart00 Tue 08-Oct-19 17:23:37

I think I’ve read TOO much on the subject and contrast that with the very little face time I’ve had at my clinic (NHS) I’ve convinced myself I was about to take “down reg” drugs....and I’m not!

My drugs arrived today and ive re-read my patient information sheet. I start taking 8mg of Progynova (Oestrogen?) tonight (day 21 of my cycle) and through to my first scan which is in 9 days time. I then either start on stims or take the Progynova a little longer. When I start the stims i discontinue the tablets.

I’m a little confused about why I’m taking the Progynova tbh. Has anyone taken it and can explain the purpose?

Most protocols I’ve read about either have a down reg or pill period, or straight to stims. I haven’t heard of any which start with a week to 10 days of oestrogen...

Anyone? Thanks

AliceAbsolum Tue 08-Oct-19 18:00:52

Oestrogen Priming?

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Tue 08-Oct-19 18:40:28

Do you have issues with your lining thickness?

Youngatheart00 Tue 08-Oct-19 19:53:05

Not that I’ve been told about....

The information sheet I was given looks pretty mass produced....I’m confused and now feeling quite tearful as I start the tablets tonight and feel a fool for not really knowing why my treatment is varying from those protocols I’ve read about sad.

It’s an NHS cycle, if that’s makes any difference.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »