Talk

Advanced search

Dating IVF pregnancy

(7 Posts)
Youngatheart00 Tue 08-Oct-19 09:37:55

Nothing to celebrate yet...I’m just getting started (start down regging TODAY). Argh.

Just looking ahead at dates IF all goes to plan. Trying to work out if I’ll have a 6 week scan before Christmas and I can’t work our when ‘week 1’ would be, as obviously it’s so different to a regular pregnancy with day 1 of menstrual cycle. How many weeks from collection or transfer should I use as a rule of thumb?

Youngatheart00 Tue 08-Oct-19 09:39:15

Also to say...obviously that is dependant on a lot of factors, not least success at responding to meds, successful retrieval, successful fertilisation, transfer and positive test! confused

DaisyMay25 Tue 08-Oct-19 09:42:30

It's all very confusing but collection date is ovulation date, so that'll be two weeks. So did weeks will be four weeks after collection date, hope that helps x

DaisyMay25 Tue 08-Oct-19 09:42:51

*six weeks will be

Polly99 Tue 08-Oct-19 09:44:57

Egg collection is equivalent to ovulation, and ‘standard’ pregnancy dating would treat a woman as having been 2 weeks pregnant at ovulation.
I would think a 6 week scan could be booked for 4 weeks from the transfer date and would be the equivalent of 6 -7 weeks along.

Youngatheart00 Tue 08-Oct-19 12:11:22

Thank you - that’s very helpful

Whatelsecouldibecalled Tue 08-Oct-19 17:46:35

I had a five days blast transferred and my test day was 13dp5dt and I think on test day I was classed as 4 weeks and 3 days pregnant?? Not sure if that’s helpful or not!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »