Dating IVF pregnancy

(7 Posts)
Youngatheart00 Tue 08-Oct-19 09:37:55

Nothing to celebrate yet...I’m just getting started (start down regging TODAY). Argh.

Just looking ahead at dates IF all goes to plan. Trying to work out if I’ll have a 6 week scan before Christmas and I can’t work our when ‘week 1’ would be, as obviously it’s so different to a regular pregnancy with day 1 of menstrual cycle. How many weeks from collection or transfer should I use as a rule of thumb?

OP’s posts: |
Youngatheart00 Tue 08-Oct-19 09:39:15

Also to say...obviously that is dependant on a lot of factors, not least success at responding to meds, successful retrieval, successful fertilisation, transfer and positive test! confused

DaisyMay25 Tue 08-Oct-19 09:42:30

It's all very confusing but collection date is ovulation date, so that'll be two weeks. So did weeks will be four weeks after collection date, hope that helps x

DaisyMay25 Tue 08-Oct-19 09:42:51

*six weeks will be

Polly99 Tue 08-Oct-19 09:44:57

Egg collection is equivalent to ovulation, and ‘standard’ pregnancy dating would treat a woman as having been 2 weeks pregnant at ovulation.
I would think a 6 week scan could be booked for 4 weeks from the transfer date and would be the equivalent of 6 -7 weeks along.

Youngatheart00 Tue 08-Oct-19 12:11:22

Thank you - that’s very helpful

Whatelsecouldibecalled Tue 08-Oct-19 17:46:35

I had a five days blast transferred and my test day was 13dp5dt and I think on test day I was classed as 4 weeks and 3 days pregnant?? Not sure if that’s helpful or not!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in