Talk

Advanced search

When will I start ISCI?

(15 Posts)
LouisaPipSqueak Sun 06-Oct-19 19:39:20

Hi,

We’ve started the process of ICSI, had two appointments so far and I’m getting frustrated that they can’t give me a start date and the fact there is 3 weeks between appointments is dragging it out for me.

First appointment we discussed options and took my bloods, second checked him and said we need to do pesa, booked for end of Oct. We’ve been told we then have to have to attend an IVF evening with other couples then they can start me on meds.

I’ll be doing the long protocol - can anyone tell me more information about this please? How long etc (I’ve read 6 weeks ish) I’m getting very impatient - could I be pregnant by Christmas or is this unrealistic due to long wait between appointments I feel I won’t start meds till December sad

Thanks for any more info you can give.

PrayingandHoping Sun 06-Oct-19 19:41:05

Is this nhs or private?

Your bloods are only valid for a certain timeframe so it would have to be done in that time period.

Private in my experience goes at whatever speed you want it to

LouisaPipSqueak Sun 06-Oct-19 19:46:53

Private - think that’s why I thought it would be quicker. I just feel the 3 weeks in between appointment are so long and when I ask they say that’s the earliest date we can have...

PrayingandHoping Sun 06-Oct-19 19:55:36

With our private we could say "go" at any moment 🤷‍♀️

LouisaPipSqueak Sun 06-Oct-19 20:00:24

Gosh that’s so annoying. Think I’m going to ring them tomorrow see if I can move our appointment any earlier.

Was it successful for you? What part of your cycle do you start meds?

PrayingandHoping Sun 06-Oct-19 20:02:54

Yes worked first time! I'm being induced in 10 days!

Gosh I actually can't remember what days I did what now!!
Sorry!

LouisaPipSqueak Sun 06-Oct-19 20:05:32

That’s amazing need! Congratulations, I’m super excited for you! Hope ours works first time, don’t think I can wait anymore!
Good luck grin

Honey1989 Sun 06-Oct-19 20:48:15

We just had our first round of ICSI(nhs) and we had no waiting time at all. Must just be dependant on the area you live in. We had our first appointment on a Friday and the following Tuesday we met the nurse who advised we would start short protocol as soon as my period started if we were ready. 8 days later I started the injections. We’ve been very lucky!

LouisaPipSqueak Sun 06-Oct-19 20:50:01

OMG! That’s fantastic, definitely going to ring up tomorrow then. The waiting is the worst!!

Ginger1982 Sun 06-Oct-19 20:51:57

Yes, push them. I had successful ICSI first time around and he's now 2.5. Further attempts have been unsuccessful but it only takes one!

LouisaPipSqueak Mon 07-Oct-19 20:15:43

That’s great to hear about first time success. Sorry you haven’t been so lucky since but fingers crossed it will happen again. I just can’t wait and really hoping it works first time as I’ll be devastated otherwise. Rang again today and couldn’t change date due to the professor we are seeing only working certain days. Guess I’ll have to wait till end of month then push for closer ones after that.
So excited, counting down the days smile

Whatelsecouldibecalled Mon 07-Oct-19 20:18:31

We had our first consultation in Feb and then started drugs for ICSI in April with appointments injections lessons etc in between. We had to freeze all due to OHSS so then had a FET in July and it was successful currently 14 weeks pregnant. I remember having to wait for certain cycle days. I started first injections on day 21 of my cycle that month but it took a long time to get ducks in a row. Good luck x

LouisaPipSqueak Mon 07-Oct-19 20:37:51

2 months is good though, we are just one month in so hoping this next time next month I will have at least started... I hope I’m at the right point in my cycle rather than having to wait even longer then we are good to go. I just worry we will go for his pesa at the end of October (all being well) then have to go to this 2hr IVF evening (Which I am dreading) with other couples then (3 weeks after that) finally get a date for me to be told oh you need to be on day 21 etc before we can start meaning Christmas will be here first! hmm

LouisaPipSqueak Mon 07-Oct-19 20:40:11

I know they have procedure to follow etc I'm just very impatient... been trying for 2 years and it’s really starting to get to me especially as couples I am friendly with always seem to fall pregnant as soon as they say start trying or on honeymoon etc sad when will it be my turn??

Whatelsecouldibecalled Mon 07-Oct-19 20:49:00

I totally get it. I was the same. We tried naturally for 2.5 years. Then it took 1.8 years to secure funding. Then freeze all so more waiting but I am hoping it will all be worth it!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »