Talk

Advanced search

When should I take a pregnancy test?

(13 Posts)
Alon789 Fri 04-Oct-19 18:06:49

Hi ladies,

Today is day 10 after the embryo transfer (fresh 1 blastocyst on day 5) and I am definitely feeling a lot of the symptoms described online (sensitive breast, tiredness, nausea, stretch feeling in my lower stomach, sleepy). Today I had a white discharge and some strong dizziness - but none of the other symptoms - which makes me a bit nervous :/

I bought today a pregnancy test and I am thinking of doing it on Sunday (day 12)...or should I wait for Tuesday? (day 14) just to make sure and have a definitive answer?

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Peaches2018 Fri 04-Oct-19 18:14:40

Hi Alon
My clinic a few years back told me to test on day 14 but I was stubborn and tested on day 10 (fresh blastocyst also on day 5) and it came back as a thin positive straight away. If you can wait for Tuesday I would definitely do that!

Alon789 Fri 04-Oct-19 18:17:37

@peaches2018 - thanks for the reply! So you dont think it would be a good idea to test on Sunday? (day 12) As I have read online that day 12 results are pretty accurate.

Peaches2018 Fri 04-Oct-19 18:51:50

You definitely could do that but it could be a light line that might get darker in a few days. I tested every second day after day 10 and I've seen the line getting darker and darker so that could be an idea for you too, with me it assured me a bit that everything was going well

LillyLeaf Fri 04-Oct-19 19:32:18

I don't want to tempt you too much but my OTD have always been 9dp5dt, and both times I've got a strong positive (MC both times). So you absolutely could test tomorrow.

jemimafuddleduck Fri 04-Oct-19 19:33:34

My clinic always say 10dp5dt! Good luck!

LynnieLouLou1980 Fri 04-Oct-19 21:04:09

I had egg transplant on 14th September 2019 and was all set to wait the recommended time to do a test. However on day 10 I had some spotting, so made the decision to do a test. I had an early detection test left over from pre ivf ttc. I did the test and there was a very faint line (barely detectable), but a line all the same. If it will put your mind at rest, do the test, but it is early, so don't lose hope if it's too early for the test to pick up a positive. Nest of luck to you. Everything crossed for you x

Alon789 Sat 05-Oct-19 08:24:30

Ladies,

Thank you so much for all your replies! I am very close to convincing my partner to take the test tomorrow (day 12), as I promised him that we will do it together. He wants to wait till day 14 in order to avoid possible question marks, wish I could be as chilled as he is smile

Alon789 Sat 05-Oct-19 15:44:02

We have decided to take the pregnancy test tomorrow (day 12) but I’m actually super nervous as all the symptoms I had in the past week have totally disappeared in the last 48 hours :/ I do have this white mocus in the past 48hours..

Alon789 Sat 05-Oct-19 20:45:07

We bought the ClearBlue with the weeks indicator but it seems like the minimum it can detect is 2-3 weeks since implementation..tomorrow will be 12 days after our day 5 blastocyst transfer..is it too early for the tester to detect pregnancy?

www.amazon.co.uk/Clearblue-Pregnancy-Weeks-Indicator-Digital/dp/B00Q4MQDP4?tag=mumsnetforu03-21

Mycrazylife85 Sat 05-Oct-19 22:11:49

I've read these aren't particularly sensitive tests at all and many people get positives on others but still need to wait a good few days or so, to a week, after a positive on a digital test

Persipan Sun 06-Oct-19 06:35:13

Clearblue with weeks will do less than that but personally I much prefer FRERs to digital tests. I've had a positive on them, like, 5dp5dt before, and they're very sensitive. You also don't have to use FMU, you can do whatever time of day.

At 12dp5dt you're the equivalent of 17dpo or, in other words, in a textbook cycle, your period would be 3 days late. Really any test should be giving results at that point - your partner's desire not to take tests yet doesn't seem all that chilled to me so much as very determined to keep waiting far longer than is necessary. (But then, I'm an inveterate early tester, so I'd be tearing my hair out by now!)

jemimafuddleduck Tue 08-Oct-19 20:08:11

@Alon789 everything crossed for you x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »