Talk

Advanced search

Rubella (MMR) vaccinations NHS Funded IVF Scotland

(5 Posts)
Freespirit24 Thu 03-Oct-19 23:01:23

Hi all,

I just recieved a letter in the post today informing me that my first IVF apt is on Tuesday as they had a cancallation. In the letter it was saying that I need to get Rubella vacines done by GP or to bring certficates from my GP to confirm that I have had these done.

I have googled this and am I right in thinking that I probably had these vacines as a child? Do I need to get them done again, is it just a matter of getting prove from my GP?

What are peoples experiences of this if that is okay to ask?

dementedpixie Thu 03-Oct-19 23:21:17

Depends what age you are as to what vaccines you got. In my day we got a stand alone rubella vaccine and mmr came Iater (1988 I think)

Freespirit24 Thu 03-Oct-19 23:38:22

Hi thanks for response, I am 32 years old so I am not sure but is this something you need to get again if you have had it as a child?

smith1986 Thu 03-Oct-19 23:45:39

@freespirit, i was 32 and had to be tested at docs for rubella i didn't have the antibodies so had to have the jab again (i had when younger also) it delayed my treatment a couple of months.

nearlyfinished1moreyear Thu 03-Oct-19 23:48:34

I had to get mine redone aswell I'm 32

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »