Talk

Advanced search

Appointment after HSG

(7 Posts)
GreenShades Tue 01-Oct-19 08:13:48

Hi,

First post here but been lurking around since last year!

So I had a HSG in July, I was told at the time that everything looked good but still should wait for my appointment to be certain. I have an appointment next week but just wanted to know what to expect really.

I do ovulate, I was tested for this only once. All other tests for me and DH have come back fine. I thought the HSG would help in some way but had no luck.

Anyone have any idea what will be discussed after having this procedure? Are there more tests or can treatment be started? Also, what treatments will be offered?

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 01-Oct-19 09:57:36

One test confirming ovulation is not in itself conclusive of there being no problems with ovulation.

What tests have you both has done to date bearing in mind that by test done over 6 months ago should be discounted. Do you yourself feel happy with the treatment and explanations you have received from them to date.

You need a diagnosis first and foremost.

GreenShades Tue 01-Oct-19 11:49:44

@AttilaTheMeerkat Thanks for the reply. So DH has had SA done in April and the GP booked him in advance for another one too as the waiting list is so long. At the Hospital they said no need for a repeat as the first test was fine so cancel the upcoming appointment.

I have had the 21 day blood test, this was done last November, only in May this year i was seen at the gynae clinic and they said that is fine and did not ask for a repeat of this test.

I then had the internal scan the result was I have a bicornuate uterus.

When I had my first appointment at the hospital I was seen by a Nurse and she went through my file and said a HSG is missing. So I have had this done and now I should be seeing the doctor next week at clinic.

Will I get a diagnosis next week or is it too soon?

Teddybear45 Tue 01-Oct-19 11:54:02

A bicornate uterus could, by itself, be the reason bit I agree with PP that you need more indepth ovulation testing. Sometimes embryos keep implanting in the same place which isn’t a problem with a normal uterus but there can be right and wrong places for implantation in a bicornate one. Usually IVF can sort it out.

GreenShades Tue 01-Oct-19 17:57:31

@Teddybear45 what other ovulation tests can be done?

Teddybear45 Tue 01-Oct-19 18:32:59

Hormone testing (AMH, progesterone, thyroid etc)
Testing for PCOS (usually they look at your ovaries via ultrasound and give you s blood test)
So called Level 1/2 testing - so thyroid, clotting disorders, karyotyping, antibodies, white blood cells, RH factor etc etc).

GreenShades Tue 01-Oct-19 20:18:08

@Teddybear45 so I still have a long way to go!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »