Bedroom fun time - stimming

(5 Posts)
Lrv1987 Fri 13-Sep-19 12:52:02

Hi guys- just wondering- and sorry for the open question- what's everyone's experience on advice for sex during stimming? We've been told no sex- but what about orgasm? What's everyone's experience?

OP’s posts: |
itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Fri 13-Sep-19 16:51:32

You've got to have some bedroom Funtime within 2 days of egg collection anyway otherwise chance of sperm dna fragmentation is higher so depends on how many days of stims you are doing - mine is only 10'days and don't want to tire his little swimmers out so certainly won't be doing it daily (not that we do that normally anyway!)

AliceAbsolum Fri 13-Sep-19 18:49:34

I was told protected sex is fine. Can't see how orgasm would be a problem either because there are no embryos yet!

ChatWithMe Fri 13-Sep-19 22:01:44

I think IVF drugs reduce sex drive in my experience. The bloating isn't so sexy either - makes me feel self conscious. I'm more in the mood when I'm unmedicated I think. Anyhow doesn't really answer the question lol

JeNeBaguetteRien Fri 13-Sep-19 23:17:03

Our clinic never mentioned sex or not to have any/ to use protection while stimming.
We had been told none after egg collection until pregnancy test so made the most of the time while stimming in case we didn't get a chance for a while (had planned not to until pregnancy scan if IVF had worked).

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in