Talk

Advanced search

Bedroom fun time - stimming

(5 Posts)
Lrv1987 Fri 13-Sep-19 12:52:02

Hi guys- just wondering- and sorry for the open question- what's everyone's experience on advice for sex during stimming? We've been told no sex- but what about orgasm? What's everyone's experience?

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Fri 13-Sep-19 16:51:32

You've got to have some bedroom Funtime within 2 days of egg collection anyway otherwise chance of sperm dna fragmentation is higher so depends on how many days of stims you are doing - mine is only 10'days and don't want to tire his little swimmers out so certainly won't be doing it daily (not that we do that normally anyway!)

AliceAbsolum Fri 13-Sep-19 18:49:34

I was told protected sex is fine. Can't see how orgasm would be a problem either because there are no embryos yet!

ChatWithMe Fri 13-Sep-19 22:01:44

I think IVF drugs reduce sex drive in my experience. The bloating isn't so sexy either - makes me feel self conscious. I'm more in the mood when I'm unmedicated I think. Anyhow doesn't really answer the question lol

JeNeBaguetteRien Fri 13-Sep-19 23:17:03

Our clinic never mentioned sex or not to have any/ to use protection while stimming.
We had been told none after egg collection until pregnancy test so made the most of the time while stimming in case we didn't get a chance for a while (had planned not to until pregnancy scan if IVF had worked).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »