Talk

Advanced search

Petition to end the IVF postcode lottery on the NHS - please help

(5 Posts)
EJStrange Sat 07-Sep-19 09:12:21

Hi All! smile

I've started this thread as I've set up a campaign to end the IVF postcode lottery on the NHS and I need your help with to get signatures on and share the parliamentary petition link below. It's not right that something as arbitrary as postcode should dictate the treatment we receive for infertility on the NHS in 2019. I started the campaign as I had to cancel a round of treatment halfway through when my GP misinformed DH and I that we could have 3 rounds of IVF on the NHS. As you can imagine, we were devastated. 3 months ago (after a year off due to depression) we paid to restart that round privately, but sadly my pregnancy ended in MC at just shy of 8 weeks.

The campaign has backing from Fertility Network UK, IVFBabble, The Dovecote.Org, and my MP Layla Moran who will be submitting an Early Day Motion to Parliament about this next week (Sept 2019).

The petition runs until Feb 2020 - please show your support for the campaign below, sign and share widely so we can get this issue heard. I'm very open for ideas about how to keep pushing this forward so do feel free to post these below!

If you're interested the campaign is also on Facebook and Twitter @IVFfairness.

petition.parliament.uk/petitions/266747

Summerb Sat 07-Sep-19 09:15:26

Signed and shared on Facebook xx

PrayingandHoping Sat 07-Sep-19 09:16:35

It's not just postcode that's unfair about ivf on the nhs. Age, test results etc to make you eligible all vary from place to place

I had a v bad experience with nhs Fertility.
Not doctors fault at all.... they try their best.

EJStrange Sat 07-Sep-19 09:31:54

Thanks so much @summerb you're a star!

@PrayingandHoping - I'm so sorry to hear it, and you're absolutely right. There's so much inequality in the current system, and even outright discrimination. We deserve better, I'll keep working on it.

Incidentally, someone just pointed out that petition links might not be allowed - apologies about that confused But now it's here I hope it might do some good!!!

Viletta Mon 09-Sep-19 18:56:46

Signed and shared! It's also not fair when couples with spouses who pay NHS surcharges are not eligible for NHS fertility treatment even if the problem is in the partner with UK citizenship.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »