Talk

Advanced search

Increase changes of ovulation?

(4 Posts)
november90 Mon 02-Sep-19 06:59:54

Hi everyone! I'm really after some advice of how to increase my chances of ovulating and even ovulating earlier in my cycle as they are currently cruising along at about 40 days 😩

Just a bit of back ground..... I am 28 and I have a 2.5 year old son. He wasn't planned but also wasn't not....... I was off contraception for nearly a year before we had him. At that time I was struggling with irregular/long cycles and had a scan and they found lots of cysts on my ovaries. Scan has been repeated recently and it's the same. I've never been given a PCOS diagnosis but a lot with the cysts/long cycles/darker facial hair (thank god for facial bleach!!) it's something I likely have. My blood tests were ok.
Me and my husband stopped using contraception in April, but really started tracking ovulation etc in June and no joy yet. I'm currently 11 dpo but AF is looming, I 100% expect to be out this month.
I just wondered if anyone has any advice on how I can increase my chances of ovulating as with PCOS it could be that I haven't even ovulated recently! Any dietary tips? Vitamins I should be taking? (Currently taking folic acid and vit d by seven seas vitamins).
I just want to do everything I possibly can to have a better month next month!

Thanks for listening smile

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 02-Sep-19 09:17:59

I am surprised you have not been given a PCOS diagnosis to date given your symptoms and these two scan results.

What blood tests were taken and on which days?. I ask only as tests done on the "wrong" day can given misleading results. Ovulation tracking can be a minefield with PCOS if it is present so I would not be doing this for very long, if at all.

Have a look at Verity's website.www.verity-pcos.org.uk/

Many PCOS patients find a low GI/GL eating plan helpful. Taking vitamins is helpful but it will make no difference at all to the cystic follicles on the ovaries.

november90 Mon 02-Sep-19 10:02:43

It's been very frustrating! I had blood tests done a few years ago which were then repressed this year. I have queries this at the doctors a number of times but all the advises is to maintain a healthy weight.... it's been awful!
Can a low go diet increase chances of ovulating do you know?

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 02-Sep-19 11:13:39

Did you have a day 2 test done to compare your LH level against that of FSH?. I think you've been fobbed off to some extent as well so I would seek a second opinion from a gynaecologist. BTW any blood work done over 6 months ago should be discounted, you need up to date day 2 results and internal ultrasound scans to assess the state of your ovaries.

You need a diagnosis first and foremost.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »