Are chocolate cysts always endo?

(8 Posts)
AliceAbsolum Sat 24-Aug-19 18:08:30

Because the Internet appears to say they are. Late stage symptom too.

My consultant mentioned it in passing but didn't bother referring for a lap, or indeed any other tests. I'm furious.

4 years TTC. How do I get a lap from my GP? Can they refer? 😔

OP’s posts: |
FingersXssd83 Sun 25-Aug-19 01:42:10

Hi Alice, You could ask your clinic who you could use privately, or go to your GP for an NHS referral.

Do you have any other endo symptoms? Painful periods, clots etc? If so, I would labour them with your GP and don't leave until you're referred to a BSGE Centre.

I should have had a lap before we started IVF but it doesn't seem routine in the UK like it should be.

Good luck xx

BoomBoomBoomLetMeHearYouSay Sun 25-Aug-19 23:11:16

I only got referred to a gynaecologist who recommended a lap when I said I was going private. NHS were literally not very interested in my endo symptoms.

Sylva123 Mon 26-Aug-19 08:40:55

@AliceAbsolum I'd love to know what you find out. Been TTC for 2 years, have had a chocolate cyst the whole time and now they're going to remove it. I've read on Google that it can improve changes of conceiving naturally and can improve chances with IVF - but that's just Google, I've not been given any info from the hospital or doctor and am a bit confused as to whether it is endometriosis too - eg whether I'm likely to have it in other places which could make the IVF harder

Sylva123 Mon 26-Aug-19 08:43:15

@AliceAbsolum forgot to say - they only tend to remove the cysts if they're 4cm or bigger. Mine was 2cm last year and had grown to 4cm this year.

Wesstywoo Mon 26-Aug-19 09:20:25

@AliceAbsolum I have a 1cm chocolate cyst but my (private) IVF clinic didn't deem it relevant. I didn't question it further

AliceAbsolum Mon 26-Aug-19 17:14:37

Thanks guys. I've seen the WL on the NHS can be a year for a lap. I'm seeing my GP next week so I'll talk to her then, but, I'm not very optimistic.

OP’s posts: |
Basilneedswaterandsun Mon 26-Aug-19 17:16:05

Hi OP, yes the medical term for a chocolate cyst is an endometrioma

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in