Talk

Advanced search

How much does immune testing cost?

(13 Posts)
AliceAbsolum Sat 17-Aug-19 15:30:45

I'm looking into reproductive immunology tests due to repeated implantation failure. I can see a couple of places in London and Newlife in Surrey. How much is it? Does anyone know? I don't want to keep throwing money into ivf when good quality embryos don't implant.

Thanks everyone.

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Sat 17-Aug-19 16:11:32

I've heard it can be £3k - have you done PGS testing instead? NK cell testing is cheaper at £500

rugshade Sat 17-Aug-19 16:15:02

Why don't you Google it or ring a clinic?

AliceAbsolum Sat 17-Aug-19 16:27:59

@rugshade because they're not answering the phone and I'm impatient.

@itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Wouldn't an immune problem stop a viable embryo from implanting?

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Sat 17-Aug-19 18:05:55

@AliceAbsolum
Not necessarily but immune problems can cause miscarriage x

ChocolateGateaux84 Sat 17-Aug-19 18:24:03

I don't think the answer is going to be readily available via Google, as this is a very neiche area so I imagine that's why poster is asking people here-on an infertility forum

Alice you are looking at about 2.5k for the Chicago bloods at either Dr Gorgy or the epsom miscarriage clinic.

Another option is to do immune testing remotely via the Locus medics clinic in Athens. Thus is considerably cheaper. About 4-5hundred euros for full testing. You would need to send blood via courier to their lab in Athens.

Another option is to visit the Coventry Implantation clinic to see professor Brosens. He takes a very different approach and will take a biopsy of your lining o test for NK cell levels there. He argues that blood based immune testing is rubbish and his approach-the biopsy-is the only way that holds any evidence.
He charges £540 for the biospy and all related consultations.

Best of luck x

AliceAbsolum Sat 17-Aug-19 18:44:28

Oh that's so so helpful thank you. I'll look into all of that. Really appreciate your help flowers

Maximoo06 Sun 18-Aug-19 08:47:56

@ChocolateGateaux84 how would I book an appointment at the implantation clinic in Coventry I can't seem to see this through google.

ChocolateGateaux84 Sun 18-Aug-19 19:33:51

warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/med/research/biomedical/tem/bru/

Maximoo06 Sun 18-Aug-19 21:16:54

@ChocolateGateaux84 thank you. If they did find something after taking a biopsy can they do something to make further ivf implantation work? I have currently had 3 failed embryos failed to implant.

raysan1 Mon 11-Nov-19 22:08:13

@Maximoo06
Lots they can do depending on diagnosis. If it is high NK cells only, intralipid IV infusion would be 1st choice. I did this and got pregnant on 1st IUI. Baby is 11m now and an absolute joy xxx

Iwouldbecomplex Tue 12-Nov-19 20:00:42

I was told if the Coventry clinic find something they prescribe steroids and blood thinners, but they don't do the intralipids. I discussed this with my consultant and he agreed to prescribe these empirically - maybe worth you trying? I have an egg collection tomorrow and am on both for this cycle so fingers crossed. He said intralipids can't be prescribed empirically though.

Viletta Wed 13-Nov-19 10:55:02

Hi all, thanks @AliceAbsolum for starting the thread. My Dr prescribed immune test after 3 failed cycles.. however when I asked what would you do if I do have immune issues she said I'd take immune suppressors, but I took prednizolone last cycle anyway.. she didn't insist on the test so I waived it off.. I might reconsider it now. Interesting to hear about that implantation clinic! I might look into that! I had an ERA test so far. If results come back normal I might give that clinic a go before my next transfer!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »