Talk

Advanced search

Progynova for FET - help needed!!

(13 Posts)
Fingersforevercrossed Tue 13-Aug-19 19:50:14

I've started taking progynova 2mg today in preparation for my FET. The dose says 3 2mg tablets a day for a week then 4 2mg tablets for a further week.

My question is... Do you take all 3 tablets at once, do you seperate them throughout the day or doesn't it matter??

I will call the clinic tomorrow to see what they recommend but I can never normally get through to a nurse until well into the afternoon, by which time I'd need to have taken 1 if I'm taking them at even I tervals throughout the day.

Have anyone had this dose before and can help??

PrayingandHoping Tue 13-Aug-19 20:02:03

I was on 3 a day before transfer until 12 weeks pregnant!

They have to be spaced out evenly throughout the day

Fingersforevercrossed Tue 13-Aug-19 20:09:29

Ah. Crap. Took 3 at once today before thinking it through.

Onwards and upwards tomorrow - I'll space them out!! It can't be that much of a disaster for 1 day surely?

AliceAbsolum Tue 13-Aug-19 20:11:40

Spaced out but you'll be fine just for one day.

PrayingandHoping Tue 13-Aug-19 20:13:09

Don't worry.

Not well worded by your clinic! It should say 1 tablet 3 times a day!! I would speak to them anyway and point it out....

Fingersforevercrossed Tue 13-Aug-19 20:13:33

Thank you both! Didn't start this round well did I 🙄

LeanneMFord Tue 13-Aug-19 20:43:11

I was on the same and took all 3 at once the whole time. Never thought about spacing them out.

Whatelsecouldibecalled Wed 14-Aug-19 09:16:38

I’m on 3 a day and I space them out. One in morning one mid day and one at night

Fingersforevercrossed Wed 14-Aug-19 10:32:59

Managed to get through to my clinic and they said it's up to me as it won't make a difference.

I think I'll try 3 at once and see how I feel. I'm quite forgetful but if I end up feeling rough I'll try the other way!

Fingersforevercrossed Wed 14-Aug-19 10:39:34

Did anyone get side effects I should be preparing myself (or my husband!) for? The cyclogest on my last round gave me terrible mood swings - I hadn't been prepared for that at all!

PrayingandHoping Wed 14-Aug-19 11:10:58

Shows each clinic is different as mine said they must be spread out! I had alarms on my phone!!

Yes progynova made me feel awful for the first 10 days! Like I had a mild flu....

Whatelsecouldibecalled Wed 14-Aug-19 11:17:39

@Fingersforevercrossed I set Alarms on my phone. Only way I can remember! 🤦‍♀️ No side effects for me. Hope you are the same!

Ginandtonic31 Wed 14-Aug-19 17:11:18

I don't think it matters you know. I was taking 4 a day and I took them at bedtime all in one go (literally all 4 in to my mouth in one go). I specifically checked this was okay. I start weaning off them on Friday down to 3!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »